Upgrading to iOS7 questions

AegonTheDragon

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
So right now I'm on a jb 6.1, I made a backup on the cloud. So I have downloaded the ipsw file and I don't have a developer account, is there any risk in getting locked out of the next beta and not being able to use my phone and can I restore my contacts and all that from the backup I made to iOS7?

Thanks in advance.

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
So right now I'm on a jb 6.1, I made a backup on the cloud. So I have downloaded the ipsw file and I don't have a developer account, is there any risk in getting locked out of the next beta and not being able to use my phone and can I restore my contacts and all that from the backup I made to iOS7?

Thanks in advance.
My advice to you is to stay on iOS 6.1. Save your jailbreak because once you upgrade there is no going back to an untethered jailbreak and there is no jailbreak at all after iOS 6.1.2 for the iPhone 4S and 5
But you can upgrade to iOS 7 beta if you'd like. The only way you will be locked out of your phone is if you restore the phone while on iOS 7. You must update NOT restore in iTunes or you will be stuck at an activation screen

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes there is a chance unless your UDID is registered to a developer account. If your not registered, you don't belong on the beta.

AegonTheDragon

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for the replies, just a few more questions, If I were to get locked out can I still downgrade to 6.1? And will updating the phone wipe it or can I get my backup that's in the cloud that I made in 6.1 to iOS 7?

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for the replies, just a few more questions, If I were to get locked out can I still downgrade to 6.1? And will updating the phone wipe it or can I get my backup that's in the cloud that I made in 6.1 to iOS 7?
No you can not downgrade back to 6.1. You can only downgrade to 6.1.3 if you have an iPhone 4s or lower and 6.1.4 if you have an iPhone 5. My advice is to stay on 6.1 to preserve your jailbreak. You can use any iOS 6 backup on iOS 7 but you can not use an iOS 7 backup on iOS 6. If you were to downgrade any changes made to the backup while on iOS 7 would not carry over to iOS 6

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73