The elusive Quick Reply.....

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Its coming on Blackberry 10.2. LOL!!! A true device that gets stuff done quick. Apple is behind the game. Ever since Steve Jobs died, Apple has been getting worse. Steve Jobs friend said in a interview that Apple wont get better, It will get worse without the innovation of Steve Jobs.

Is this why the brand new flagship device from BlackBerry is already being sold for a penny?

Ok, you stick with your BlackBerry, and we won't insult you further.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I personally can't see a use for a "quick reply" right now, but there are definitely others who really want the feature. Apple tends to hold back on features like this until they can do it better than everyone else. The solutions on other platforms are quite "hacked" together and have very little synergy with the rest of the OS. When it comes, I see it being much more useful than just "quick reply". It won't be some janky dropdown from the top of the screen with a text box in it.

Its coming on Blackberry 10.2. LOL!!! A true device that gets stuff done quick. Apple is behind the game. Ever since Steve Jobs died, Apple has been getting worse. Steve Jobs friend said in a interview that Apple wont get better, It will get worse without the innovation of Steve Jobs.

You seem to have taken a wrong turn when you left from under your bridge. Let me point you back in the right direction -> www.crackberry.com

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
@mikeo0007
" The solutions on other platforms are quite "hacked" together and have very little synergy with the rest of the OS. When it comes, I see it being much more useful than just "quick reply". It won't be some janky dropdown from the top of the screen with a text box in it."

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. I have used Chomp SMS, Handcent SMS, and GO SMS on Android, and neither is a "janky dropdown". It is a very useful feature.
I might also add that Chomp and Bite sms are from the same people, and are basically identical.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
@mikeo0007
" The solutions on other platforms are quite "hacked" together and have very little synergy with the rest of the OS. When it comes, I see it being much more useful than just "quick reply". It won't be some janky dropdown from the top of the screen with a text box in it."

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. I have used Chomp SMS, Handcent SMS, and GO SMS on Android, and neither is a "janky dropdown". It is a very useful feature.
I might also add that Chomp and Bite sms are from the same people, and are basically identical.

Well that's certainly an interesting way to address someone's opinion. Although I wouldn't normally dignify such a rude and thoughtless post with a response, I'll make an exception. I was referring to Blackberry 10.2 with the "janky drop down" bit, but I will gladly address the Android solutions as well. Instead of janky dropdowns, they're big ***, janky popups in the middle of the screen. They're jarring, out of place, and workflow-breaking. When the best solutions out there are junk like you named, I'm not surprised Apple is taking their time to perfect the solution.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Well that's certainly an interesting way to address someone's opinion. Although I wouldn't normally dignify such a rude and thoughtless post with a response, I'll make an exception. I was referring to Blackberry 10.2 with the "janky drop down" bit, but I will gladly address the Android solutions as well. Instead of janky dropdowns, they're big ***, janky popups in the middle of the screen. They're jarring, out of place, and workflow-breaking. When the best solutions out there are junk like you named, I'm not surprised Apple is taking their time to perfect the solution.

That's the problem with Android versus iOS nothing on Android is cohesive due the many different third party options. If we could get something like Bite SMS I would be so happy!! 😃

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
That's the problem with Android versus iOS nothing on Android is cohesive due the many different third party options. If we could get something like Bite SMS I would be so happy!! ��

That's totally understandable. Like I (and others have) said, some people really want this feature, some couldn't care less. For the folks that do want it, they'll take it in almost any form offered. I had Bite SMS on my jailbroken iPhone and didn't like it. In fact, there were very few "visible" jailbreak tweaks that I actually liked. They all just looked out of place. That being said, Apple has taken many of the more popular jailbreak tweaks and integrated them into the OS, except they are much more cohesive.

Look at the new swipe-up settings in iOS7. It's almost a dead ringer for SB settings, yet it's implemented much better. When quick reply (or whatever it ends up being) comes, I think it will be better than the other solutions available.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
That's totally understandable. Like I (and others have) said, some people really want this feature, some couldn't care less. For the folks that do want it, they'll take it in almost any form offered. I had Bite SMS on my jailbroken iPhone and didn't like it. In fact, there were very few "visible" jailbreak tweaks that I actually liked. They all just looked out of place. That being said, Apple has taken many of the more popular jailbreak tweaks and integrated them into the OS, except they are much more cohesive.

Look at the new swipe-up settings in iOS7. It's almost a dead ringer for SB settings, yet it's implemented much better. When quick reply (or whatever it ends up being) comes, I think it will be better than the other solutions available.

Yeah I wouldn't Apple to just put in a pop up like Bite. I would want them to make it cohesive which I know they would do.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR