The elusive Quick Reply.....

Daytona

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
After keeping my fingers crossed and praying since the release of beta 1 of iOS 7 this past June it seems my hopes of having the Quick Reply function are fading. Currently we are on beta 6 which many believe is the final beta before the Gold Master is seeded to developers which is the end of the road. Well at least it is until iOS 7.1. :) For the life of me I cannot understand why Apple opted to include this feature in OS X Mavericks but not bring it to the iPhone.

I mean I think its quite fair to say that this feature is long overdue and its absence is baffling. If there was one jailbreak feature I miss most it would be this specifically. Sometimes I feel bigger features (In Apples's eyes) like Air Drop get the green light for its "WOW" factor more so than a undeniably useful feature that is Quick Reply.

I guess i'll re-cross my fingers for iOS 7.1 and hopefully it will show up there. :)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
It may happen one day.. But apparently not on Apple's urgent agenda.

I don't see the reason for it. But some would want it, in a heart beat..

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I, too, am hoping that Apple incorporate the quick reply feature with iOS 7, and I'd like to think it is on their lsoon-to-be-added features list. Still, let's hold judgment until after the GM release. Who knows, we may be surprised...:)

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ive been hoping too, i was thinking after ios 7 i might not have to jailbreak my phone, but i wont be able to give up a quick reply like bitesms

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I too am wondering the exact same thing but if it makes you feel any better at least the Android camp doesn't have this feature (natively) either but unfortunately they have backup solutions unlike us without JB.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I would love it and I'm not a very frequent texter.

Curious though... It's kind of a big feature. If we don't see it in 7, don't you think we'll have to wait another year?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see it, but in all honesty, since Apple added that feature to the OS X Mavericks developer preview 1, and has left it out of all iOS 7 beta releases to date, it doesn?t look promising... if/when it arrives, it will be great... until then, carry on as usual.

lukeforester1

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I think that IF they were going to make any noticeable changes between WWDC and public release it would be on the day of iPhone event. They always do another recap on the new iOS at that event.

techisking

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Yup, Apple has this way of dragging out their features for no rational reason (there's really no monetary gain either since it's a software thing and won't be exclusive to new iphones). It will come eventually, but as you point out there's no reason it can't be out right now.

anon(7808135)

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Its coming on Blackberry 10.2. LOL!!! A true device that gets stuff done quick. Apple is behind the game. Ever since Steve Jobs died, Apple has been getting worse. Steve Jobs friend said in a interview that Apple wont get better, It will get worse without the innovation of Steve Jobs.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yup, Apple has this way of dragging out their features for no rational reason (there's really no monetary gain either since it's a software thing and won't be exclusive to new iphones). It will come eventually, but as you point out there's no reason it can't be out right now.

Apple is notorious for incrementally adding features but as quoted by Steve Jobs they don't won't to rush features that aren't primed and I kind of have to agree take the Galaxy S4 for example many of those extra features aren't really fleshed out.

Also Google has been dragging their feet on this feature as well leaving it up to Handcent and GO SMS to fill in that gap and other quick reply options for the stock messaging app. But that's still no excuse for Google with the expediency on which they update Android it's a feature that should have been added a couple versions ago.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Haven't tried but if your turn notification off of banner to a pop up is quick reply a option then ??

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Haven't tried but if your turn notification off of banner to a pop up is quick reply a option then ??

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Nope just tested it pops up with reply or cancel but if you hit reply it just takes you into messaging.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Its coming on Blackberry 10.2. LOL!!! A true device that gets stuff done quick. Apple is behind the game. Ever since Steve Jobs died, Apple has been getting worse. Steve Jobs friend said in a interview that Apple wont get better, It will get worse without the innovation of Steve Jobs.

blah, blah, blah... yadda, yadda, yadda.

We’ll have to wait a few months to see if BlackBerry has again become relevant in the cell phone marketplace. So far, they’re limping along with decent products and lukewarm response from both the business and consumer markets...

Last edited:

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It's funny to me that Apple has failed to implement quick reply when it has been available from many jailbreak tweaks for years. I would've expected them to "Sherlock" that feature many updates ago.

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Quick Reply/Quick Compose feature is one thing I definitely miss about my jailbreak. If it were to come to be built into a official firmware release I wouldn't be so inclined to jailbreak

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods