iOS 7 Dev Beta 5 info/Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I considered myself a power user and I'm having no issues at all, beta 2 was the worst for me, all the issues I had with B3 and 4 are pretty much gone.

There are plenty of issues there. Trust me. And the bugs I have experienced have been confirmed by others. Plus just the bug list on the dev center release notes is still pretty long.

SycoBBMonkey

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm having an issue with installing iOS 7 beta 5 onto my iPhone 5. I've managed to install this to my iPad mini, however I have no success with the iPhone. I have been restoring and updating prior to installing, but straight away I get a compatibility error. I have a UK GSM device and have downloaded the A1428 IPSW. I have then ejected all USB devices, re-attached the iPhone and restored the Mac before re-attempting the process. I am running the latest version of Mac OS X on a 2012 model Mac mini, and all apps including iTunes are up to date. Could someone help?

Kind Regards

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm having an issue with installing iOS 7 beta 5 onto my iPhone 5. I've managed to install this to my iPad mini, however I have no success with the iPhone. I have been restoring and updating prior to installing, but straight away I get a compatibility error. I have a UK GSM device and have downloaded the A1428 IPSW. I have then ejected all USB devices, re-attached the iPhone and restored the Mac before re-attempting the process. I am running the latest version of Mac OS X on a 2012 model Mac mini, and all apps including iTunes are up to date. Could someone help?

Kind Regards

​If you downloaded that straight from dev center, you won't have any issues. If you downloaded that file from somewhere off the net, that can be your problem.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
There are plenty of issues there. Trust me. And the bugs I have experienced have been confirmed by others. Plus just the bug list on the dev center release notes is still pretty long.

I trust you, and I know there are issues, I was referring to MY PERSONAL experience with my ip5, it's very good, I haven't had a crash or bug in over a week ( other than apps which doesnt count )..

jlank

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Well restore and setup as new did not cure my lte, 3g issue. So I guess I'll down grade and see if that fixes it, if not I guess I'll make a trip to VZW. I really wish there was an Apple store less than two hours away.
Thanks for the help

justinkk2005

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Beta 5 is still showing full signal all the time for AT&T users even in low signal areas... I hope this isn't a new trick AT&T is trying to pull on users like they did with the "4G" icon change on 5.1.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I shouldn't have said anything; my music navigation via control centre starts making trouble since yesterday. playing/pausing/skipping icons will recognise the touch (lights up) but refuse to execute.

eckl

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Wow thats great battery life compared to what I get.
Seems like I'll just have to wait until Beta 6 which will hopefully fix the battery issues I'm having

I had the batt issue for the first 3 days. After that, the battery drain seems to stabilize and now it is great. Just have to give it a few days

alias3800

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Weird seeing so many of you say no bugs or issues. I have found many. things that worked fine in beta 4 are broke in beta 5. Maybe I'm just a true power user but this OS is not ready for prime time yet. Close but not yet.

Anyone who says otherwise hasn't used it enough or opened enough apps. I'm still running it because I don't care - I like it too much to go back. Especially several little improvements across the board. But, yeah... Too many apps crash. Developers need to update already. Notifications for messages and other things randomly stop working. It's a beta though, so this is expected. And it's certainly running with the smoothness of a fifth iteration, so that's good.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I am noticing that the weather app no longer updates in the background. It's not until I open the NC or the actual weather app that it updates. Also noticing that Siri has been hit or miss lately.

there is a refresh option for stock and weather check that it is on

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Weird seeing so many of you say no bugs or issues. I have found many. things that worked fine in beta 4 are broke in beta 5. Maybe I'm just a true power user but this OS is not ready for prime time yet. Close but not yet.

You have to remember that some people are not devs so what they consider bugs will be quite different. Some will take things like an app crashing once as just something that happens, multi-tasking apps show up as transparent or missing a preview they will just reboot the phone. So like a lot of things it is different for every user. I haven't had any bugs that would make me consider not using the beta but I've felt that way since beta 1. It does what I need it to do with about 85% functionality. There are a ton of bugs I've submitted but nothing that affects me in a crazy way. Although me not being able to sync with iTunes is getting really annoying.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
My battery issue is false %. Have had it happen last 3 days. Say 20% plug in and jump to 40. Same today with 59% jumped to 79%.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I noticed that too I'll plug in at 59% and 30 minutes later it's in the 90% at first I was like damn that charged up fast.
My battery issue is false %. Have had it happen last 3 days. Say 20% plug in and jump to 40. Same today with 59% jumped to 79%.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My honest opinion is beta 4 was better when we talk stability. It seems like beta 5 was more about refining the UI experience but they broke a few things that was fine in beta 4. I think the more and likely "final beta" which will be beta 6, we'll just see it all come together with the biggest remaining bugs fixes and all.

That is exactly my impression/experience. My battery life is a bit worse, and I am seeing the infamous "usage = standby" issue... Haven’t seen it before beta 5... hopefully it is just the internal tweaking that will be quickly resolved in b6.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
That is exactly my impression/experience. My battery life is a bit worse, and I am seeing the infamous "usage = standby" issue... Haven’t seen it before beta 5... hopefully it is just the internal tweaking that will be quickly resolved in b6.

I had the infamous ghost usage in beta 1 and 2. I myself haven't seen it since then.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative