Will iOS 7's Dynamic Wallpaper Work on the iPhone 4?

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys ^^ I was wondering if dynamic wallpapers will work on iphone 4. And if the keyboard will look as nice as it does on the i5. Ty ^^ :confused:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure of the answer to your question since I use a Z10 and an S4, plus I have an iPad mini, BUT I did want to welcome you to iMore since you are fairly new. :)

iPhone4NL

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys ^^ I was wondering if dynamic wallpapers will work on iphone 4. And if the keyboard will look as nice as it does on the i5. Ty ^^ :confused:

No, iOS 7 doesn't look as nice as it does on the iPhone 4S / 5 (yet? )
As it is still a beta, they might change the appearance

Here are a few examples of how the appearance differs on the iPhone 4:
- Wallpaper: no dynamic / parallex
- "Dock": solid color depending on your wallpaper, not transparent
- Control center: grey (slightly transparent)
- Notification center: black (slightly transparent)
- Folders: color depending on your wallpaper, slightly transparent
- Keyboard: solid colors (e.g. grey in Message, black when searching)
- Volume up/down/mute: solid grey
- Weather app: no animations

Hopefully that gives you an impression of how it currently looks like (beta 4)
iOS 7 on the iPhone 4 looks just like iOS 6 but different colors (and some new features ofc.)
The "new dimensions and transparency of iOS 7" just aren't there.
But hey, at least Apple is still showing love for us by supporting a 3 year old device ;)

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
the answer is no, not really. the Parallax feature is disabled on the iphone 4. and the keyboards are the same among all devices.

iPhone4NL

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
the answer is no, not really. the Parallax feature is disabled on the iphone 4. and the keyboards are the same among all devices.

The keyboard on the homescreen when you swipe down to open the search field is non-transparent as well.
On the newer iPhones the space between the keys is slightly transparent as well.
It's just a small difference though :)

Seggzy

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Even if the hardware of the could run it flawlessly, which it possibly could, Apple will not give it to the 4. It is one more reason for people with the 4 to upgrade. that's business.

If you do decide to upgrade... I recommend the HTC One. :cool:

iPhone4NL

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I believe the dynamic wallpaper was removed for the iPhone 4 from beta 3

The iPhone 4 never had the option to select a dynamic wallpaper, only stills and your own pictures.
Like I said before, iOS 7 for the iPhone 4 is almost like iOS 6 with a new coat of paint (+ a few new features)
All dynamic/transparent new UI features just aren't there..

Even if the hardware of the could run it flawlessly, which it possibly could, Apple will not give it to the 4. It is one more reason for people with the 4 to upgrade. that's business.

If you do decide to upgrade... I recommend the HTC One. :cool:

The 4 can support dynamic wallpapers (jailbreak)
It's just Apple slowly pushing you to a new phone :p
It's like the transparency elements: when you get a notification on the lockscreen, you'll see a blurred background with the notification. But in the rest of the OS blurred backgrounds (when opening notification/command center) are disabled.
Such a shame if you think about the fact that almost 50% of Apples iPhone sales was from older models...

Acidwire

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The 4 can support dynamic wallpapers (jailbreak)
It's just Apple slowly pushing you to a new phone :p
It's like the transparency elements: when you get a notification on the lockscreen, you'll see a blurred background with the notification. But in the rest of the OS blurred backgrounds (when opening notification/command center) are disabled.
Such a shame if you think about the fact that almost 50% of Apples iPhone sales was from older models...

i was just about to ask this question, thanks :)

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. And too bad :( I really wanted it to look the same.....not all of us afford to upgrade :( But any way thank you. That pretty much answers all my q even tho i was hoping for smth more positive.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative