IOS 7 Beta 4 - Imessage / Facetime Activation Issue

Phillyaj

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
All,

Been running IOS 7 Beta 3 on my 4S with no issues. Upgrade to Beta 4 last week and no issues. Today, Imessage will not activate. Keeps prompting me for Apple ID Password and then says "Waiting for Activation". After a few minutes, it says "An error occurred during activation. Try again". I have tried all the tricks I can think of, including some very strange sequences I found on You-Tube. Anyone else experiences these??

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Andy

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
All,

Been running IOS 7 Beta 3 on my 4S with no issues. Upgrade to Beta 4 last week and no issues. Today, Imessage will not activate. Keeps prompting me for Apple ID Password and then says "Waiting for Activation". After a few minutes, it says "An error occurred during activation. Try again". I have tried all the tricks I can think of, including some very strange sequences I found on You-Tube. Anyone else experiences these??

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Andy

Assuming that you have your device's UDID registered with the Apple dev center, then it’s a matter of waiting for the activation to complete. It can take time, and I’m not sure if/how the recent dev center issues may affect this.

Phillyaj

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Assuming that you have your device's UDID registered with the Apple dev center, then it’s a matter of waiting for the activation to complete. It can take time, and I’m not sure if/how the recent dev center issues may affect this.

Yes... My UDID is registered. I was running Beta 3 just fine and Beta 4 was working up until around 10am EDT today. Still no good. I even deactivated the phone using RedSn0w and re-activated it via I-Tunes. (per a post about a problem with Beta 1). Very annoying that all messages are going out at regular text messages and not I-Messages. I'm at a loss. I'll keep trying. If I come up with something, I'll be sure to pass it along.

Phillyaj

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

Thanks... YES...My UDID is registered. I was running Beta 3 just fine, and Beta 4 was working great up until around 10am EDT today. I even tried to deactivate the phone using RedSn0w...and then re-activate it using I-Tunes. Still not working. Very frustrating...:concern:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks... YES...My UDID is registered. I was running Beta 3 just fine, and Beta 4 was working great up until around 10am EDT today. I even tried to deactivate the phone using RedSn0w...and then re-activate it using I-Tunes. Still not working. Very frustrating...:concern:

Have you tried resetting network settings or maybe a restore ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Cdperron

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm having exactly (to the T) the same issue, even your timeline is in line with mine. I noticed an issue first around 3pm (pacific time) when my entire address book vanished, then asked me to sign into icloud. Fortunately, it reloaded that, but now i'm having issues with iMessage and facetime... I'm at a loss

Phillyaj

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm having exactly (to the T) the same issue, even your timeline is in line with mine. I noticed an issue first around 3pm (pacific time) when my entire address book vanished, then asked me to sign into icloud. Fortunately, it reloaded that, but now i'm having issues with iMessage and facetime... I'm at a loss

By any chance did you register your UDID via IMZDL? FYI...I tried the process of Deactivating via Redsn0w and re-activating. No dice...

Phillyaj

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
So I opened a ticket with IMZDL to have them confirm that my UDID was registered and they confirmed it was. I think my next course of action is to re-install the beta-4 and see what happens then. If I'm still having issues, I may revert back to ios 6. Maybe it will "magically" start working. Lol

Cdperron

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I feel like i've tried everything at this point. Let me know what happens to your phone philly... looks like we're in exactly the same predicament and I don't see anyone else with this problem. So weird

blacksonaudio

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I was so hoping this thread had the answer... I've had this issue since July 7th on beta 3. Mid conversation it happened. I've tried all and nothing works. I've called ATT to make sure there wasn't a lock or block on my imesssage. They called Apple and had us on conference. The tech asked me to go to settings> messages> send and recieve to>... It's missing. He has me restart and it was still missing. I finally said I'm on IOS 7 and he promptly ended the support. I asked him about the outtages that was reported on web and he said those have been fixed and he couldn't support it. I'm thinking that UDID associated with non app developer's ie a developer that has to many UDID registered, are the ones being affected. MY wife has an i4 and so do i but she's working but not me... I can't even get back to Beta 2 because Apple stop signing it. Atleast I have unlimited text messages

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I was so hoping this thread had the answer... I've had this issue since July 7th on beta 3. Mid conversation it happened. I've tried all and nothing works. I've called ATT to make sure there wasn't a lock or block on my imesssage. They called Apple and had us on conference. The tech asked me to go to settings> messages> send and recieve to>... It's missing. He has me restart and it was still missing. I finally said I'm on IOS 7 and he promptly ended the support. I asked him about the outtages that was reported on web and he said those have been fixed and he couldn't support it. I'm thinking that UDID associated with non app developer's ie a developer that has to many UDID registered, are the ones being affected. MY wife has an i4 and so do i but she's working but not me... I can't even get back to Beta 2 because Apple stop signing it. Atleast I have unlimited text messages
Developers have 100 spots when there full there full .. I don't think that's it .. Maybe try going back to ios 6 and then try a shift upgrade vs shift restore to ios 7 .. I have not restored once loading ios 7 on my iPhone or iPad .. Always did the upgrade option and I have not had any issues besides the normal bugs in beta

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Phillyaj

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
**Update** After playing with every possible thing I could think of, I decided to revert back to IOS 6.1.3 on my 4S. The downgrade went easy enough, and everything, (I Message, Facetime) were all working properly. As a Side not, for some reason, I could not take a Manual backup with the IOS 7 Beta 4. After downgraded, I was able to get a successful manual backup. After a few hours of running on 6.1.3, I decided to be a glutton for punishment, and Upgrade to the IOS7 Beta 4. Upgrade went well, was able to use the latest backup to restore and then re-sync. All seems to be working properly (as of 20:00 EDT). Here's my thinking. I did an OTA upgrade from IOS 7 Beta 3 to Beta 4 the first time. This time, I did a Manual upgrade via ITUNES straight to IOS 7 Beta 4. After the install, there were a lot more setup steps, including one for IMessage and Facetime. I don't recall having to perform those steps when I installed Beta 3 and definitely not when I upgraded to Beta 4. Hmmm.

So anyway...I know its a Pain in the A%$ but, I couldn't think of another way to get back to a stable firmware.

Good luck to others and I'll keep you informed if it goes out again. (Fingers Crossed it doesn't)

APPLeTechy

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
that happend to me along time ago when i was running 6.0, i think you should just keep trying and if that doesnt work turn off your phone and let it sit for awhile.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner