Keyboard difference is iOS7

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I know that I am late to the game, but I just got iOS 7 beta 4 installed. I'm really liking it so far, but I do have a question. Does the keyboard seem extremely light, or is it just me? I assume no setting to make it darker? TIA!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Keyboard

No way to set it to a dark theme but when in messaging the keyboard will be white but when signing in from the App Store it will be black.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

O.P. yes it did to me. I found the whole OS too light for my tastes but one thing i noticed was i kept instinctively lean my nose towards the keyboard and had to squint. I don't have the greatest eyesight though i do wear contacts but i found my self squinting and struggling a bit to detect at a glance thin black letters against the white background. I quick google search showed this image. You'll notice one big difference is the font is much thinner which i think is why when i am glancing back and forth between board and screen i struggle to see the letters without straining. Also the background is light in the new os against light keys so i think that makes it seem bright too.
ios-7-keyboards-comparison.jpg

I'm very curious to see how my mom adjusts as her eyesight is worse and i had to set her desktop up for bigger fonts all around

On your point of a dark theme. Honestly i'd really like a darker them for the entire o.s. but apple is take it or leave it.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

I'm old. I have old eyes and wear bifocals. I love the new keyboard. It's much cleaner and easier to read. No colour confusion. You don't aim for the key, you aim for the letter.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I'm old. I have old eyes and wear bifocals. I love the new keyboard. It's much cleaner and easier to read. No colour confusion. You don't aim for the key, you aim for the letter.

From the picture above i agree it seems better than my current keyboard on 6.1.4

Sent from my iPhone 5

hdtracy

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

There is a setting in the Accessibility settings called "Increase Contrast" which will make the background of the keyboard less smoky and more solid, which might make it a little easier to read as well :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro