iPhone 3G jailbreak with redsn0w and then ultrasn0w - can't make calls, says "call failed"

Alexander12344

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I tried many different versions of redsn0w and ultrasn0w from many different repositories and tried jailbreak instructions from atleast 7 different sites, tried factory resets, backups, restores, combinations of everything, tried removing automatic time and date, resetting network settings, showing caller ID, anyway I ALWAYS end up in the same situation = the phone is unlocked, it can accept any SIM card, can connect to the internet and download stuff, but CAN'T call.My Number is blank and on the left top corner it's just one bar.What am I missing?I know I'm close, but I'm not sure what I'm missing :( please help

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: iPhone 3G jailbreak with redsn0w and then ultrasn0w - can't make calls, says "call failed"

If you put your SIM card in another phone, can you make calls?

Alexander12344

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: iPhone 3G jailbreak with redsn0w and then ultrasn0w - can't make calls, says "call failed"

yeah it works in other phones, however the iPhone worked too with my old brother's SIM card.Unfortunately his old card is not available now, but I think the problem is something with the jailbreak?I think I didn't do it properly or missed something, but I can't figure out what.Also sometimes the 1 bar switches to "No Service"

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site

Since the SIM card works in another phone and makes calls, I'd say it was the SIM card slot in the phone that's the issue

Alexander12344

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

But this phone also recognizes that there is a SIM inside.When I put it in, the No SIM message disappears.So it knows there is a SIM, but it doesn't utilize it?So it could still be a software problem?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods