Anyone already decided not upgrading to ios 7?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have decided to go ahead and try out the Beta finally, it is a refreshing update I will say this. Very fluid even for a Beta, appealing to the eyes, easy to use still. A lot of added functionality, the works. I will say this though, I find it to be a bit lackluster. I realize this may contradict what I said previously but it is currenty how I feel about the update. I guess I was just expecting something more from Apple other than a reskin to the current iOS I suppose. The added functionality is amazing don't get me wrong, I just feel it's too little too late. They did perfect it though, in a way most can't it just works and is a great addition but like I said I expected more. My fault though, not Apple's. They aren't going to lose ground anytime soon with this update nor do I feel they will lose customers, they are most certainly headed in the right direction.

Wow. That was confusing.

Is it "a refreshing update" or just "a reskin to the current iOS"?

Is it "appealing to the eyes" or "a bit lackluster"?

Is the "added functionality ... amazing", did Apple "perfect it ... in a way most can?t", does "it just works and is a great addition" apply to iOS 7 or is it still "a bit lackluster"?

You say you expected more, but you spent the first couple of sentences raving about iOS 7... maybe you need to pick a side...

jerseykirby

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Wow. That was confusing.

Is it "a refreshing update" or just "a reskin to the current iOS"?

Is it "appealing to the eyes" or "a bit lackluster"?

Is the "added functionality ... amazing", did Apple "perfect it ... in a way most can’t", does "it just works and is a great addition" apply to iOS 7 or is it still "a bit lackluster"?

You say you expected more, but you spent the first couple of sentences raving about iOS 7... maybe you need to pick a side...

I just didn't clarify, it's a refreshing update for someone who was expecting less than I was. I take nothing away from the newest iOS but I was expecting a bit more from Apple. More custimization options, a bit more freedom with the layout. Let it get down to brass tax and it looks just like older versions just a different skin. You can't deny it. There were some much needed utility upgrades that were needed in my opinion but it just feels the same to me. To put things a bit more simple for you, it feels like I jailbroke iOS 6 added a theme and a utility tweak for wifi and bluetooth for quick access and did nothing more. Something can be beautiful to look at but still be "boring" for a lack of a better word. Do I like customization? Yes I do. Do I find even Android to get boring at times? Absolutely. I'm the most indecisive person ever when it comes to phones lol, but I said it many times. I expected more. That is all.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just didn't clarify, it's a refreshing update for someone who was expecting less than I was. I take nothing away from the newest iOS but I was expecting a bit more from Apple. More custimization options, a bit more freedom with the layout. Let it get down to brass tax and it looks just like older versions just a different skin. You can't deny it. There were some much needed utility upgrades that were needed in my opinion but it just feels the same to me. To put things a bit more simple for you, it feels like I jailbroke iOS 6 added a theme and a utility tweak for wifi and bluetooth for quick access and did nothing more. Something can be beautiful to look at but still be "boring" for a lack of a better word. Do I like customization? Yes I do. Do I find even Android to get boring at times? Absolutely. I'm the most indecisive person ever when it comes to phones lol, but I said it many times. I expected more. That is all.

I can't help but to think Apple isn't finished yet and we still might find some nice surprises once the final product is released.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
What is it exactly that you want? Are you upset that there isn't a widget to do the same thing for you that opening an app does? Are you upset that IOS 7 doesn't give you face unlock, or folder preview, etc? Or is it that you cannot 'choose' your keyboard, live wallpaper, or other third party function? One of my favorite gripes by those who make it known to all as to why they are 'jumping ship' to android is that they are sick of the 'walled garden' and want a platform where Apple doesn't make all of their choices for them. So they scream from their pedestal of how it's good riddance to Apple....and then the 'I'm back' thread inevitably pops up several months later. Why? Because they soon realize that they experienced tradeoffs to have all of that 'choice'. They realized that they spent more time customizing their device to try and get it to work efficiently than they did just using it. They realized in order to minimize the lag, or poor battery life, they had to disable most if not all of the 'innovative features' for the phone to run as they wish. Why do you think that in the iphone 5 forum, there are maybe 5 or 7 threads that get new posts daily whereas in the GS4 there are nearly 5x as many? Because they are littered with people trying to figure out what the hell they just did to screw up their device, or how to fix something that isn't working as planned. But alas, hail 'choice'!

There is truly no reason to take this any further. You are disappointed with IOS 7 and its patch job. You are disappointed in Apple and their lack of a 'one more thing'. Well, stand in line with everyone else then. Because from the Nexus 4, to the HTC One X, to the RAZR to the GS4.....there hasn't been a 'one more thing' for quite some time....
Inevitably? I'm staying with Android because I see no major tradeoff.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Inevitably? I'm staying with Android because I see no major tradeoff.

I'm a bit perplexed as to why you are quoting me for your revelation when my comments were never directed at you in the first place.
I'm also a bit surprised since it was only weeks ago that you were beyond ecstatic to make your return to the iPhone due to iOS 7.
I assume this grand admission means you will no longer be gracing us with your presence. I bid you a fine ado.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm a bit perplexed as to why you are quoting me for your revelation when my comments were never directed at you in the first place.
I'm also a bit surprised since it was only weeks ago that you were beyond ecstatic to make your return to the iPhone due to iOS 7.
I assume this grand admission means you will no longer be gracing us with your presence. I bid you a fine ado.
umm no. I'll still be buying the iPhone 5s and I will use iOS on the iPhone but not as my primary OS like previous years. so no need to bid me farewell I'm staying here.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I can't help but to think Apple isn't finished yet and we still might find some nice surprises once the final product is released.

For sure with Beta 5 I think we'll see even more changes. Already a few things I noticed design wise that they changed.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
All I know is that the more I hear about the betas , the more I want apple to hurry up so I can upgrade.

Can't wait.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All I know is that the more I hear about the betas , the more I want apple to hurry up so I can upgrade.

Can't wait.

Same here. It's taken all I have to this point to keep from paying the $99 to beta test it...lol...By the way, it's been awhile. How've you been?

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Same here. It's taken all I have to this point to keep from paying the $99 to beta test it...lol...By the way, it's been awhile. How've you been?

Super busy - everyone is on holidays so I'm covering a lot of hours. I've been run off my feet ... But still got caught up on Breaking Bad.

domini99

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Is beta 4 already there? Havent followed that for some time.
Beta 4 should give some speed improvements on the iphone 4 i heard.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone
Siri logics:
> Im bleeding very badly call me am ambulance!
< OK, from now on i'll call you "an ambulance", is that okay?

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Based on reactions so far, let the raging begin -

iPhone or Android? Who cares!

and

Frosted Glass Effects: Why I Switched to Android After All These Years

It may be the current iOS does everything you need with a minimum of strain on you, or your iDevice. Maybe you'll simply want the new OS because its the new OS or maybe, maybe, it'll actually have features you need. Or it may be that a completely different OS supplied by a completely different manufacturer works best for you. Whatever.

Only you as the user of your own personal device can make that call - no fan'dism or raving against you online should dissuade you otherwise. I'll try iOS 7 when it comes out. If it doesn't work for me, there are options.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR