IOS 7 Beta 3 imessage not sending messages.

JakeHasATail

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded to the ios 7 beta 3 last night. Up until about an hour ago Everything was working just fine. Now all of the sudden iMessages will not send. However, I can still receive them. I've tried unactivating and reactivating Imessage, no luck. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Does anyone have a fix?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded to the ios 7 beta 3 last night. Up until about an hour ago Everything was working just fine. Now all of the sudden iMessages will not send. However, I can still receive them. I've tried unactivating and reactivating Imessage, no luck. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Does anyone have a fix?

There are reports on Twitter and around the internet of a partial iMessage outage at this time... perhaps there is nothing wrong with your phone...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So we will now have the capability of blocking people from imessaging us?

MY apologies i meant to type "Now"

In a word, yes. My testing (beta 2), I blocked one of my buddies and had him call me and then text me. The call went straight to voice mail. No ring on the phone. No indication that I "missed" his call. The text just never came. When I unblocked him, his call came straight through, as did his text. But even after unblocking him, the first call and text never showed up. At all. The only indication of any attempted contact from his tries while blocked was the voice mail message that he left.

In a perfect world, a blocked caller should not be sent to voice mail, as well ... but I can definitely live with it like this if that’s all Apple gives us.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
In a word, yes. My testing (beta 2), I blocked one of my buddies and had him call me and then text me. The call went straight to voice mail. No ring on the phone. No indication that I "missed" his call. The text just never came. When I unblocked him, his call came straight through, as did his text. But even after unblocking him, the first call and text never showed up. At all. The only indication of any attempted contact from his tries while blocked was the voice mail message that he left.

In a perfect world, a blocked caller should not be sent to voice mail, as well ... but I can definitely live with it like this if that?s all Apple gives us.

I think to achieve the blocking you want you have to do that from the provider not on the phone itself .. My understanding is its just software blocking the call on the phone so the phone is basically clicking the person off before you see it. If you go to the provider you can have the cell towers block the call before it ever reaches your phone.

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I think to achieve the blocking you want you have to do that from the provider not on the phone itself .. My understanding is its just software blocking the call on the phone so the phone is basically clicking the person off before you see it. If you go to the provider you can have the cell towers block the call before it ever reaches your phone.

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

I understand that, but this is just sooooo close. :)

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
It's nice to have the ability to block someone right from the device. With Verizon you have to log on to my Verizon and submit the number. I like the idea and have used it in the betas this far.

Justin55372011

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

In a perfect world, a blocked caller should not be sent to voice mail, as well ... but I can definitely live with it like this if that’s all Apple gives us.

Thanks for all the details! Cant wait for IOS7

iMaverick

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Turn iMeassage off and then back on again and let it "reactivate".

edit. Sorry thought this was the iOS 8 Beta 3 thread. lol. My point still stands though.