Unable to watch any streaming videos through browsers or apps - IOS 6.1

gmann75

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I currently have an Ipad 3 jail broken on iOS 6.1, and all was working fine until yesterday whilst in bed holding up the iPad, it slipped out of my hand and fell onto The bed, screen facing, whilst i was watching a streaming mp4 movie, i caught it, but since then I could not get any streaming videos to work, on YouTube, movie box, or IPlayer and the BBC website, when clicking on news video clips. The wheel will just spin constantly, as if trying or I then get the message advising that the clip is currently not available, or when trying a video on BBC Iplayer, I get a the message advising insufficient bandwidth available. Bandwidth is not the problem, as I have a 60mb connection, and wireless speed tests on the iPad are coming back at over 30mb. I can stream videos fine through video Add-ons apps through xbmc, and can access my network files fine, all play fine with no issues.
I have also tried to reset the ipad with iLex, which restored back to default after the original jailbreak, but I am still unable to get any streaming videos to work in any video apps or through safari or chrome. Really don't want to clear the jailbreak, as I know there are no jailbreaks for 6.1.3, but if anyone can provide any help with this, it would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Gmann

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I've moved this to the jailbreak forum so that you can get the help you need, rather than everyone recommending you do a factory reset.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It is possible physical damage was done, but doubtful. The next action would be a reboot (power plus home). You could also try resetting your network settings.

gmann75

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have tried a hard reboot and also reset the network settings,something must be corrupted, as I downloaded a tv episode in moviebox and this played fine through the app, it just only seems to be streaming video (mp4) over the Internet?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Is your iPad in warranty? If it is, you may want to try a complete restore, which will wipe your jailbreak but fix the problem. The Apple Store will make you do it anyway. If that doesn't fix it, then you would need the iPad switched out.

If you're not under warranty, it may be the better option to just let it be.

gmann75

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I bought the iPad whilst in the US in May 2012, on returning to the UK, I was told by apple, that you only get a 1 yr warranty when buying in the US, but a 2 year warranty when buying in Europe. As I've got XBMC installed, I can get around streaming videos, so 'ill wait until the new IOS is released, and a jailbreak is available. I found stock iOS very limited in my needs, and only really enjoyed the iPad until I could jailbreak the device.
Thanks for the advice.