IOS 7 Syncing: Documents and Data

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I notice that when syncing, a new section called Documents and Data is displayed. I am not sure if this used to be included in "Other" and is now broken out, or what. Can anyone tell me what this represents? Mine is taking up 9GB. I thought it was representing documents and data being used by apps, but even after deleting a couple of apps that had been showing large amounts of documents and data in the usage section of settings, the 9GB has remained the same. Thanks.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Just FYI Mine iOS 7 update was restored with a iOS 6 back up.... So not sure what yours can be...

You use iWork?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
No, I do not use iWork. At first from reading online I thought that it was a glitch where apps and their corresponding documents and data were being double counted. But deleting all of my apps had zero bearing on the 9 GB.
I cannot imagine it would be any jailbreak residue since I restored to IOS 7. This sucks. I'm at a dead end.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Well you COULD try a clean install. Wipe it clean and then install what ya need and see what happens..

If not the result you wanted. Then just do a restore...

Extremely odd though....

Let me know how it goes, and have a great weekend!

Jacob LeJeune

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Ummmmm, yeah I'm at 27G and even after seeing that my messaging app was using 26G i went and deleted all text/iMessages that were more than one year old and still nothing. With a 32G phone I've over time had to delete all music and pictures from my phone. Perplexed. Help?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My "Other" is only at 1.48GB. So good here.. but I see the breakout too with Docs and Data about 1GB.

bsieffer

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
5.82 GB Documents and Data after ios7 update. I have deleted nearly every message. I do not have Pages or Numbers on my phone. What else could be in there?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I notice that when syncing, a new section called Documents and Data is displayed. I am not sure if this used to be included in "Other" and is now broken out, or what. Can anyone tell me what this represents? Mine is taking up 9GB. I thought it was representing documents and data being used by apps, but even after deleting a couple of apps that had been showing large amounts of documents and data in the usage section of settings, the 9GB has remained the same. Thanks.

I guess that I am just dense... but I don?t see Documents and Data... where exactly are you looking?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I guess that I am just dense... but I don?t see Documents and Data... where exactly are you looking?

At that time, it was the yellow portion of the color coded graph/chart? that breaks down what's on your device when you are connected to iTunes. Until iOS 7 it had always been 'other'. I'll see if I can snag a pic.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods