memory usage drains battery somehow?

ShadowWalkerz

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello there,

I have an ios 4.3.3 jailbroken iPod touch 4th generation. A few days ago my iPod's battery started to drain faster. So i uninstalled all new tweaks and apps, but it didn't help. A moment ago I checked my memory usage with the app: battery doctor.
it said this:
memory usage. * * * Total 247 MB
Wired 11% 62MB
Active*11% 27MB
Inactive 5% 12MB
System 55% 139 MB
Free 1% 5MB

after clearing my multitasking bar and a reboot, it still said the system was around 45 percent.

Can someone please help me?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Your jailbreak should be untethered, so go ahead and try a reboot (home+power for 10 seconds). See if that helps.

If not, put your phone into safe mode through SBSettings or by rebooting with the volume up button pressed down. Let it sit for a while. Is your memory and battery usage still so high?

EDIT:

In Cydia there is a new, free tweak called Cleaner Pro from BigBoss. I tried it out, and it freed over 150MB of RAM that SbSettings could not. I have 625 MB of RAM right now. I would try that out and see if it helps at all.

Last edited:

ShadowWalkerz

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
thanks for your help, but I tried the tweak and whenever i open it, it automatticaly closes and the battery draining is the same in safe mode ):
I appreciate your help, anymore thoughts about this?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
That app does work for me, so I think it's safe to say something isn't right. Did you say what device/firmware this is?

Edit: right iPod touch, 4.3.3. Do you have valid shsh blobs? If so, you could simply restore to 4.3.3 and rejailbreak.

ShadowWalkerz

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I dont know :$
but I've done some research and I have a lot of wired RAM usage. That is because of frozen apps? Is there a way to 'kill' frozen apps? I really dislike how much my battery drains ):

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
The only way to do that is a reboot or the app I mentioned. If you saved your shsh you can do a restore. You may even be able to without them, I would have to look into it.

Open Cydia and see if it saved your shsh for you. It's either in green writing at the top, or scroll down to pending TSS.

ShadowWalkerz

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
it says
shsh: 5.0.1 5.1 5.1.1 6.0.1
so not 4.3.3
i dont know very much about the jailbreak process itself because i let someone else do it for me a while ago. So I'm sorry if i say something wrong or anything, because I just want help :)

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
No, you're fine. Now, last question--do you use a mac, or a PC? Make sure to download the proper redsn0w. You also need to download the 5.1.1 IPSW for your iPod Touch (4th gen). Almost all of the 6.x blobs are bad, so the best one for you to go to is 5.1.1.

iDownload Tutorial said:
Note: You must have your SHSH blobs saved either locally, or on Cydia for the firmware you wish to downgrade to. If you do not have the blobs saved on Cydia or your local machine, you will not be able to downgrade. This is for pre-A5 devices only, so device like the iPad 2, iPhone 4S, and newer cannot be downgraded using this method.

Step 1: Download RedSn0w 0.9.15b1 or newer from our downloads page and open it.

Step 2: Connect your iOS device, and place it into DFU mode.

Step 3: Ensure that RedSn0w detects your device in DFU mode at the bottom of the main RedSn0w page. Click Extras > Even more > Restore > IPSW, and select the IPSW firmware file that you want to restore to. If you don’t have the right firmware file on your machine, you can download firmware files from our downloads page. RedSn0w should process the IPSW file.

Step 4: After the IPSW is processed and identified, you will be prompted to preserve your baseband. If you’re on an unlockable baseband, and you rely on UltraSn0w or a SIM interposer for an unlock, you may want to preserve your baseband.

Step 5: Next, it’s time to select the location of your SHSH blobs. If your SHSH blobs aren’t local, you haven’t fetched your blobs, or performed this restore before, you will most likely need to click the Remote option. This will fetch the necessary blobs from Cydia.

Step 6: Once your select your blobs, the restore process should begin, and you will be restored to the firmware you selected. If, however, you receive an error saying Couldn’t restore Mismatched APTicket, then your device will be kicked out of DFU mode, and the restore will halt. Don’t worry. Place your device back into DFU mode, and repeat step 3 again, and the restore should take off from there.

Last edited:

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Then I cannot help you further. You need to restore. You cannot restore without a pc. You cannot use semi-restore without a pc. Everything you can try with just a phone isn't working. Sorry but I am out of ideas.

pttptppt

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, restore. Jailbreaking can lead to things like this, which is why I think apple should include these damn features already

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice