Download notifications

Jemjee

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've searched the web and iMore, but can't seem to find an answer to this one. My family shares an Apple ID for purchases through iTunes. Whenever someone downloads an app/song/book, etc.., we all get a notification of the download.

Is there any way to disable this notification?

Thanks!

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I've searched the web and iMore, but can't seem to find an answer to this one. My family shares an Apple ID for purchases through iTunes. Whenever someone downloads an app/song/book, etc.., we all get a notification of the download.

Is there any way to disable this notification?

Thanks!

That's just the problem with sharing. All devices will remain in sync with one another when you share one AID. If you want more control over your content, switching to one ID per person is the way to go.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I might be wrong and of course someone else can chime in but the only way that ALL of you can get a notification is if ALL of you are signed in under different devices with the same iTunes ID.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well see there you go...Looks like my partner in crime got to you just before me with the same answer so there you go. :)

Jemjee

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I might be wrong and of course someone else can chime in but the only way that ALL of you can get a notification is if ALL of you are signed in under different devices with the same iTunes ID.

Thanks. We are all signed in on different devices with the same Apple ID, which is why we are all getting notifications. I was looking for a way to disable the notifications, but I think I might be out of luck. Not a big deal, since I'm the one who downloads most of the stuff anyway. My wife and kids will just have to deal with it. :biggrin:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. We are all signed in on different devices with the same Apple ID, which is why we are all getting notifications. I was looking for a way to disable the notifications, but I think I might be out of luck. Not a big deal, since I'm the one who downloads most of the stuff anyway. My wife and kids will just have to deal with it. :biggrin:

It’s good to be king (or at least Dad)!

ct_mike

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
If you turn off automatic downloads in Settings -> iTunes & App Stores then you won't get the download notifications. At least that is how it works for my family that shares an Apple ID.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods