Want to downgrade to iOS 6.x

Coraya

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
IPhone was upgraded to iOs7. I have this error " This device is not registered as part of the iphone developer program, if you are a member of the program please register your device in the iphone developer program portal" then it gives me a website. I want to roll back the OS but the phone won't be read through itunes since it's constantly stuck at this screen. Please help!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Please Need Help!!

IPhone was upgraded to iOs7. I have this error " This device is not registered as part of the iphone developer program, if you are a member of the program please register your device in the iphone developer program portal" then it gives me a website. I want to roll back the OS but the phone won't be read through itunes since it's constantly stuck at this screen. Please help!
This is the reason you need to be a developer to install beta software...
You can try dfu mode and restore in iTunes or
Pay 99 dollars and register your device and run the beta

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Now that JustMe'D posted the solution and answered the OP's question...I think it's time for the same warnings and retorts many of us have been echoing throughout these threads. We've had many members come here and exclaim that they are not happy with the idea that these beta testing versions of iOS be limited to developers only, and that the consumer should also have access to it so that they can see how it works and give their feedback to Apple...

THIS IS NOT THE POINT OF THE EXERCISE.

...this is a developer program, not a consumer testing program, and there is no legitimate way for a consumer to get feedback back to Apple about it, so those who wanted to argue that THAT was their goal will find that to be an effort in futility.

This thread is the main reason why you should refrain from doing this without the proper access or understanding of what you're doing.

Coraya

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

In reality this isn't for me. I'm a BlackBerry fan all the way. Had to help out a friend. I would never do that to my iphone. I use it as just an ipod now. Thanks for all the help. I'll check back and give updates. Appreciate it!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

In reality this isn't for me. I'm a BlackBerry fan all the way. Had to help out a friend. I would never do that to my iphone. I use it as just an ipod now. Thanks for all the help. I'll check back and give updates. Appreciate it!

Well at least you can keep it for future reference when you are in the position of having to pick between iOS, Android or Windows after Blackberry stops selling consumer products, lol. ;)

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
There are some bitter Playbook owners out there, just now... Well, probably not here.

As for your friend, unless he or she gets the phone's UDID registered, the phone's a brick till September.

Well, unless the downgrade to iOS 6 works -- see other thread. (Go into DFU mode, etc.)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2