Words of a normal user

anon(4712533)

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I?m not a developer but have paid my $99 to be able to test the latest iOS betas when they come out, so I guess you can call me a beta tester. Now the one thing I have noticed about the newest iOS 7 beta more than the others because of all the big changes is all the people that are interested in it and are either paying the $99 to Apple or are some how getting it under the table, and these people don't understand what the hell BETA means. I have seen blog post after blog post about this and I have read a bunch of stupid comments about how buggy and crapy iOS 7 is, I mean I really saw this comment ?iOS 7 is such crap I?m going back to iOS 6 and jailbreak?. I mean come on people you obviously do not know what the hell beta is and you don't know what ?COMING THIS FALL? means. The iOS is not released for general use its mainly released so developers can have a head start on getting there apps ready for the fall release. In other cases there are people like me that know this is beta and search for problems to report back to apple or just let my phone send crash reports back. I use my phone for everyday use and understand the consequences that come with using unfinished beta releases of software. I do this for the soul purpose of helping in some small way, I do have friends that are developers and I try to help them out with things I find but I sure in the hell do not blow up the forums complaining about beta software or give bad reviews on the app store because an app crashes using iOS 7, sorry I mean iOS 7 BETA release. I know the good people here at iMore have tried and tried again in there blogs and post in the forums trying to explain this very thing. I?m just hoping that something from a normal everyday user can get through some thick skulls out there. So please remember if you do pay the $99 to Apple to use the beta, that is what it is beta and if you don't understand that then you wasted $99.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I agree and it's annoying!

One thing that bothers me is how some are getting mad at app devs because now the apps are crashing.

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
We complain only because we care. :)

If you don't complain now while the beta is still subject to changes, then when are you going to complain? When ios7 is finalized and released and no amount of feedback will change anything?

When that happens, you have two choices. Shut up and install ios7, or stick with ios6. And you are out of luck if you intend to upgrade your iphone this year.

People generate feedback (or complain and make noise, in your book) because they genuinely are passionate about Apple and iOS and truly want it to be a success.

Maybe the method is a bit wrong, but I believe the heart is in the right place. :D

mark37724

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

If you don't complain now while the beta is still subject to changes, then when are you going to complain? When ios7 is finalized and released and no amount of feedback will change anything?

When that happens, you have two choices. Shut up and install ios7, or stick with ios6. And you are out of luck if you intend to upgrade your iphone this year.

People generate feedback (or complain and make noise, in your book) because they genuinely are passionate about Apple and iOS and truly want it to be a success.

Maybe the method is a bit wrong, but I believe the heart is in the right place. :D

I think instead of screaming & complaining now, you thank beastcmg later when the sacrifices pays off with smooth and error free os in the fall.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site

Apple and devs are looking for feedback, not complaints.

So "this doesn't work when I do this" is good.

"I hate iOS7... the phone keeps rebooting whenever I launch xxx app" is not.

Hell the iMore and MN apps crash on app for me, but I'm not complaining about that!

Last edited:

Agpe17

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I think instead of screaming & complaining now, you thank beastcmg later when the sacrifices pays off with smooth and error free os in the fall.

Touche.

I loved iOS 7 when I used it this past week, but just swapped back to iOS 6 for daily usability. I've given my feedback back to Apple, and I have no doubts by Fall, it will be a polished machine.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

Actually, feedback now will have no effect. Apple has made its decision, which is why you now have a beta. It's as final as it's going to get, other than bug fixes. So you can't complain now (well, you can, it just won't do any good), and the beta is not subject to changes beyond bug fixes.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I?m not a developer but have paid my $99 to be able to test the latest iOS betas when they come out, so I guess you can call me a beta tester. Now the one thing I have noticed about the newest iOS 7 beta more than the others because of all the big changes is all the people that are interested in it and are either paying the $99 to Apple or are some how getting it under the table, and these people don't understand what the hell BETA means. I have seen blog post after blog post about this and I have read a bunch of stupid comments about how buggy and crapy iOS 7 is, I mean I really saw this comment ?iOS 7 is such crap I?m going back to iOS 6 and jailbreak?. I mean come on people you obviously do not know what the hell beta is and you don't know what ?COMING THIS FALL? means. The iOS is not released for general use its mainly released so developers can have a head start on getting there apps ready for the fall release. In other cases there are people like me that know this is beta and search for problems to report back to apple or just let my phone send crash reports back. I use my phone for everyday use and understand the consequences that come with using unfinished beta releases of software. I do this for the soul purpose of helping in some small way, I do have friends that are developers and I try to help them out with things I find but I sure in the hell do not blow up the forums complaining about beta software or give bad reviews on the app store because an app crashes using iOS 7, sorry I mean iOS 7 BETA release. I know the good people here at iMore have tried and tried again in there blogs and post in the forums trying to explain this very thing. I?m just hoping that something from a normal everyday user can get through some thick skulls out there. So please remember if you do pay the $99 to Apple to use the beta, that is what it is beta and if you don't understand that then you wasted $99.

You are very correct. I am seeing a lot of people complaining that there were problems. It is a beta. Come on.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
As years go by, and more and more people who shouldn't pretend to be devs so they can get the newest os.
They create undeserved negativity to actual developers, and bad word of mouth about apple.
And eventually, bad publicity, thanks to a tech media that's always looking for apple click bait.

Will apple let this continue to escalate year after year?
Probably not.
They will restrict access to beta software, denying people who actually contribute to its growth and improvement the chance to do so.

As they usually do, a small group of idiots will ruin it for everyone else.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2