If join developer network will they get/listen to my input?

ajg23

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Would join developer network to get ios7 if gives me a reasonable shot at having input with Apple on its development. What do you think?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You're really only doing bug reporting. You're not making suggestions for things like icons and gestures. You don't have to be a developer to submit feature requests.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Exactly like Alli said you can leave Feedback on anything you think will help Apple - Feedback I've used that many, many times and had things I sent feedback on actually happen. I'm sure it helps if there are millions of other users out there asking for the same thing but if it's a good idea you never know.

ajg23

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Good to hear that Apple feedback actually did something at one point?! Given the many upgrades to iOS without implementation of basic things like quick access to commonly-used settings (until now), I assumed that feedback was generally ignored!

Given this default expectation, I was interested in being in the developer program only if it increases the chance that my ideas would be seen by Apple.

The specific recommendation I was considering joining the program for was the ability to specify default apps, as can be done with jailbroken devices. This would allow for example a link from an email to open in my favorite browser (Grazing) rather than Safari, and a link to a street address to open in Google maps?

Seems like Apple is a long way off from considering something so "radical" though??

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Suggesting things wouldn't hurt; doubt it'd happen by the iOS 7 gold master. Still, you never know.

But yes, there's an extra channel, as well as extra discussion boards at developer.apple.com...

Is it worth the $99? I paid, but more just to be on the legit side of things, so that if all went wrong I could re-activate my phone, etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73