FIX - iOS 7 Developer Build beta 1 - iMessage and FaceTime issues - RESOLVED!

markymark39

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

I've had the same problem on my 3rd gen Ipad running ios 6.1.2 for a few week now i.e. push notification message, can't log into iMessage & FaceTime, also Find my iPhone doesn't find my Ipad even though location services are on.

I have no idea why this has happened and have never upgraded to ios 7.

I am not a developer & I do not use iCloud for backups

I activated my Ipad via ITunes when I first bought it a couple of years ago and am fairy sure that I have activated it whenever I upgraded the ios to a newer versions of IOS.

Looking through this thread it appears that the redsnow fix would resolve the issue for me as you no longer need to be a developer on ios 7 for it to work and after applying the fix I should be able to connect my ipad to iTunes and activate it.

However I'm still nervous about doing this after comments from several members that they were not able to re-activate using iTunes.

Taking all of the above into account, would really appreciate it if anyone can confirm that the redsnow fix should work for me and that I will be able to re-activate my device using ITunes.

markymark39

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks ixxd_com. I downloaded redsnow using the link and tried to follow the instructions but the Deactivate button does not appear under Extras, Even More (not even greyed out). I noticed in the redsnow readme.txt that it lists Ipad 1 & 2 so I assume this functionality is not compatibility with an ipad 3. Will see if I can find another way to deactivate.

ixxd_com

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks ixxd_com. I downloaded redsnow using the link and tried to follow the instructions but the Deactivate button does not appear under Extras, Even More (not even greyed out). I noticed in the redsnow readme.txt that it lists Ipad 1 & 2 so I assume this functionality is not compatibility with an ipad 3. Will see if I can find another way to deactivate.

I hope you found another way already. If not, I would suggest to try different versions of RedSn0w.

cherry90201

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
quick question, so you are saying i have to restore my phone? i restored it not so long ago and i have no sim card to go past the activation screen, so i bypassed it ( it was fustrating ) and i wouldnt wanna have to restore it again and have to bypass the activation lock all ocer again , any other resolution? ( and i tried the first step already ) all im asking is if i would have to restore it.:sick:

ixxd_com

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
quick question, so you are saying i have to restore my phone? i restored it not so long ago and i have no sim card to go past the activation screen, so i bypassed it ( it was fustrating ) and i wouldnt wanna have to restore it again and have to bypass the activation lock all ocer again , any other resolution? ( and i tried the first step already ) all im asking is if i would have to restore it.:sick:

You don't need to restore. Just deactivate and then activate. That's the whole process in three words. :D

nwasmb

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: FIX - iOS 7 beta 1 - iMessage and FaceTime issues - RESOLVED!

Yo

I got this notifications issue

I get redsnow, desactivated and reactivated.. but still, everytime i put banner or alert notif off, this stupid page pop up when i open whatsapp..
Any more idea to fix this?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73