FIX - iOS 7 Developer Build beta 1 - iMessage and FaceTime issues - RESOLVED!

ios4ever

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: FIX - iOS 7 beta 1 - iMessage and FaceTime issues - RESOLVED!

Take it easy man.

Place your phone in DFU mode and restore to the latest version of iOS 6. When iTunes prompts for activation after installation remove phone from the cable and proceed with the setup process on your phone. Just key in all your current iCloud info and restore from the latest iCloud backup. You will be good to go again.

Also, I find the pompous attitude of some developers on this board to be quite disgusting. It costs nothing to help a fellow member even if they've gone off on a tangent and installed things they really shouldn't have. Rather keep quiet and let them be, it is their phones after all, than fill the board with snide comments.

Developers PAY to play.... If they downloaded iOS 7 and didn't pay for it so they aren't a registered developer with apple tough luck then. Welcome to the real world where trying to get around with not paying for something messes up your phone. They should as the person or site they downloaded the file from for help....

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

Developers PAY to play.... If they downloaded iOS 7 and didn't pay for it so they aren't a registered developer with apple tough luck then. Welcome to the real world where trying to get around with not paying for something messes up your phone. They should as the person or site they downloaded the file from for help....

That's all good and certainly understandable but it doesn't explain the level of disdain bestowed on those few who have resorted to such measures.

I think a few, like yourself, have made their stance on the matter known but it is not necessary to repeat it ad nauseam while at the same time berate those who have made said mistake. It makes for an unpleasant reading experience for the greater population as a whole.

That said, this is my last post on the matter as I certainly don't expect others to think and behave as I do.

techbubble

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

iMessage and FaceTime do not work unless your phone is a registered device with Apple. If you are a member of Apple's iOS Developer program, you can register the device by following these steps:

1) Login into iOS Dev Center
2) Click iOS 7 SDK beta
3) Click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles (on the right)
4) Click Devices (under iOS Apps)
5) Click + and add a device

For Step 5, you need the UUID of the device. You can get this by connecting the device and going to the device Summary page. Click the Serial Number and it will show the UUID.

Once you add the device, it takes 2-3 minutes to become active. After that iMessage and FaceTime will start working.

jaybyrd76

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

It does not give me the option to deactivate... Why am I not seeing this option?

danimal1968

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

That's all good and certainly understandable but it doesn't explain the level of disdain bestowed on those few who have resorted to such measures.

I think a few, like yourself, have made their stance on the matter known but it is not necessary to repeat it ad nauseam while at the same time berate those who have made said mistake. It makes for an unpleasant reading experience for the greater population as a whole.

That said, this is my last post on the matter as I certainly don't expect others to think and behave as I do.

Here's what they were responding to: "Thank you so much for ******* up my phone.... Now it cant be activated again because i downloaded the firmware... My phone is officially messed up... Apple would not activate it"

What in that post was inviting a civil response?

Elektra1210

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes get mad at everyone here because you chose not to read instructions. And just restore the device, it will automatically roll back to 6.1.3 and when you install iOS7 choose CHECK FOR UPDATES then SHIFT click and choose iOS7.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
All I did was sign out Apple ID on iMessage and FaceTime. So only my phone number would activate. Then under wifi settings change DNS to 8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4 and home/sleep reboot. iMessage and FaceTime and worked. After sending 5 iMessages I relogged back in with Apple ID. I just updated no full restore.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

sanveg

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
ok so i made a mistake, im unregistered and did it now my phone just wont work, please help is there a way of going back. PLEASE!!

thank you i know i was stupid

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

​The whole beta applies only to developers!!!
Alli Maybe you should make a short recording except for how many times you threw out this WARNING about ONLY BEING FOR DEVELOPERS I am assuming people are going to do what they want not matter what anyone else says. Thanks again for at least trying to warn people.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Except for the OP making sure that he put into his post everything that was needed to warn people especially the part that of your UDID is not registered with Apple as a developer, The move on and don't go any further.
Anything you do on your own is just that....ON YOUR OWN so whatever you break you are are responsible and should not have started anything that was not meant for a a Non-Developer that does not know what you are you doing or what the risks are.

r_schmitty

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

did you pay the $99 to be an app developer? or did you just pay a site to register it for you?

r_schmitty

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

Hi! I have the iOS 7 beta on my iphone 4s and it is running great. The only issue I am having is that when you go into messages under settings, I am not able to turn on imessage. I can't even swipe it over. I swipe it over to turn on imessage and it just goes right back to off and I am only sending messages via text message. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!
that is exactly what is happening with mine

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR