iMessage not working!! - iOS7

unstoppablekem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My brother is loving iOS 7 on his phone. Everything works, but iMessage. It won't slide over and sometimes it says "waiting for activation", and if it does slide over, settings crashes. I tried restarting the phone, and it didn't work. I even tried redownloading iOS 7 for him. It works with his friend's phone, and they are both in my registered users (have their UDID), so I don't know what is the problem. Please help. Thanks.

And please don't delete this thread. I really need this question answered!! Please understand.

photo-2.PNG

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: iMessage not working!!

Part of the perils of a beta OS... and the first release at that.

​If you want stability, go back to stock.

unstoppablekem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Part of the perils of a beta OS... and the first release at that.

​If you want stability, go back to stock.

It worked for my other two friends, but not my brother. And we can't go back without losing stuff, because I can't put an iOS 7 backup on iOS 6.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

What service provider ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

My brother is loving iOS 7 on his phone. Everything works, but iMessage. It won't slide over and sometimes it says "waiting for activation", and if it does slide over, settings crashes. I tried restarting the phone, and it didn't work. I even tried redownloading iOS 7 for him. It works with his friend's phone, and they are both in my registered users (have their UDID), so I don't know what is the problem. Please help. Thanks.

And please don't delete this thread. I really need this question answered!! Please understand.

View attachment 32196

at this stage there is very little we can do to help other than guessing.

bdj238

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

I'm in the same boat as you. I have a Verizon 4, backup only so no phone number associated with this phone. I use it only on wifi.

bdj238

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

got it working!
I did the old iOS 6 steps to get it working. I turned off auto date/time. Turned on. (I don't think this made a difference you might choose to skip this step)
Nothing really happened.
I then went to facetime and UNselected all email addresses and phone numbers associated. If iMessage has any of these as well then unselect them as well. Go back into Facetime under settings and reselect all desired email addresses and phone numbers (buggy and slow). It will give you a prompt, select ok/yes for each one. Then do the same under iMessage!

Good luck!

Lastly has anyone noticed that you can not edit text to delete and old individual text from a conversation.

Kitty Kang

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

Thanks but it didn't work. I don't get the part where you can unselect all email addresses and phone numbers associated.

Rob Dorman

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
you can delete and old individual text from a conversation be holding down the text, then selecting the More pop.. the bubbles next to all the text appears, and you can select them, and then just select the trash can at the bottom left side of the page

cole228

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same problem, was forced to send as text, so I decided to re-restore my phone. Only thing is the 2nd time I made sure I "set up as new iPhone" before I restored my backup. iMessage is now working again for me! If you haven't tried this yet, it might get yours working, too. Good luck!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Try using redsnow and deactivate then hook to iTunes to re activate

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Thank goodness I have a developer device on which to install beta software and don't worry about mucking up my daily driver.

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes it can take up to 24 hours to activate. Happened to me last week after a restore. Plenty of Apple forums that mention this.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank goodness I have a developer device on which to install beta software and don't worry about mucking up my daily driver.
I am kinda glad I don't have a developer device so that I leave my daily driver alone not even jail breaking or wondering what another OS would be like until it is made public on I am sure my next new iPhone when it comes out....:biggrin:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR