iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion

Jonesy27

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Beta 1 Thoughts and Bug list

I'm finding it is eating my battery really fast, At one point my iPhone got so hot while it was just sat doing nothing that I had to turn it off to cool down... To many bugs on the beta

Shgrz

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

So i upgraded to iOS 7 yesterday and have found a major flaw.

I was playing around with the accesibility features and enabled the zoom on my iphone 5. I now can't zoom back out (no gestures work) and the phone is locked, which therefore means i can't restore or backup as i can't unlock my phone. The touch screen on the zoom is out of sync, so when i press number 8 it actually pushed number 6, number 7 is actually number 5 and i can't push number 3 at all.

Any ideas how i can get around this or restore from a backup even while my phone is locked? (or how to get out of the zoom feature would be even better!)

Thanks!

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

Panoramic wallpaper can only be set by settings under panorama category

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

stucar1985

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

I've just experienced a bug with the lock screen wall paper it was one of the stock images and as I was moving the phone the 3d effect was working but you could see past the edges which was just black any one else experienced this one?

A restart fixed it

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Beta 1 thoughts

I downloaded IOS 7 BETA for my iPhone 4 GSM. It works but is pretty slow and laggy, there are no background animations or weather animations, and another strange thing is I cannot find the iRadio option. Can anyone help with the iRadio bit?

I wondered about iRadio too, turns out it's only available for US users at the moment

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I had iTunes Radio on for about 15 minutes using Verizon's LTE Network and I opened up my phone and my battery had depleted from 96 to 84 percent. I went and checked my data usage as well and in that fifteen minutes, iTunes used about 400 megabytes. I don't have a developer account so I can't report this.

How were your able to get the beta then?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I'm finding it is eating my battery really fast, At one point my iPhone got so hot while it was just sat doing nothing that I had to turn it off to cool down... To many bugs on the beta

Perhaps it's the hardware or the ways people are setting it up or possibly the settings they use. I'm not sure maybe even a combination of those factors. I have it on my iPhone 5 and the battery life was only horrible the first full day of use after loading it up. I think it learns because now my battery life is almost normal. I charge once a day and there is only like a 10% difference by the time it goes back on the charger. In my experiment in iOS 6 I learned that turning off BT when it's not in use and toggling between data and Wifi depending on which one is in use makes a big difference. Now with Control Center it's even easier to do. So anyone complaining about battery life maybe you should give that a try.

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site

After 24 hours of regular use, here are the things I've noticed with iOS 7

1. Podcast app is only useful if you stream your podcast. The app completely crashes when trying to play downloaded content.
2. The Phone app is quite buggy. Switching between Contacts, Keypad, Recents has to be done very slowly or the app crashes. Often Voicemail is completely inaccessible.
3. Most of my apps work with the exception of iMore Forums, but hey, it's a beta OS.
4. Some apps open slightly to the left, leaving a vertical passthrough on the right hand side. This is probably an app issue, not an OS issue.
5. Parallax is jumpy. Sometimes it doesn't work at all, often it only works vertically, not horizontally.
6. The animations are gorgeous, especially the icon fly-in when unlocking the phone. This does cause some slow transitions though, especially when coming out of an app into the home screen. I'm hoping these are sped up a little in final rev.
7. The camera if absurdly fast. I love it! I'm going back to iOS 6.1.4 at some point this week, and the whole animation-less instant shot thing is something I'll miss until I'm ready to test drive beta 2.
8. I've seen some complaints that spotlight can be difficult to access from within apps. Pretty sure we've never had that ability before, so that doesn't bother me. I can access it from the home screen 100% of the time.
9. Incoming message banners will sometimes cause the home screen icons to jump.
10. Battery life on my iPhone 5 is quite spectacular. Every device is different though, of course.

So far I'm very impressed with the OS, and it's only in beta 1. I may rock it for a few more days before I go back, but overall I pretty pleasant experience. Can I say without getting hammered with epic flames, that it seems out of place for people to get all ragey on non-devs who take the risk of installing the OS? I've always found this community very helpful and kind. I understand that non-devs with poor common sense can make the experience unpleasant for those of us who actually know what we're doing, but perhaps not so much of the "YOU STOOPID, PAY FEE OR SHUT UP YOU FACE". There will always be people who take the gamble and want to beta the new OS out of sheer glee. I would hope most of them understand that, and if not, I will politely advise them that they should strongly consider restoring to their previous OS before the poo hits the revolving wind generator. Outside of that, flames are just flames :). Anywho, just my two cents. I should probably get some work done now. Stop being so distracting forums! Lol.

MotherFather

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

For spotlight you have to swipe down on the main screen. Not from the top, that would bring notifications down. BUt if you swipe from the middle of the screen you'll get spotlight.

Agpe17

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

Only bug I've noticed is sometimes when going from app to main screen, vice verse, the carrier logo will garble on itself BRIEFLY. Then, fixes itself.

I've been blessed enough to not have any other issues in the 8 hours I've been running it! But I'm crossing my fingers!

Battery does stink a bit though. At 66% from unplugging at 7 a.m.!

Thank god for the Mophie!

JMac_88

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

Hopefully you are reporting all these bugs to Apple, so we can have a fantastic stable final version of IOS 7.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

Standby battery life seems to be incredible.

Unplugged my phone before going to bed, 10 hours later I was still on 100%, never had that with IOS 6! - Battery life whist using the phone is kinda sucky, but seems to improve every day

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Perhaps it's the hardware or the ways people are setting it up or possibly the settings they use. I'm not sure maybe even a combination of those factors. I have it on my iPhone 5 and the battery life was only horrible the first full day of use after loading it up. I think it learns because now my battery life is almost normal. I charge once a day and there is only like a 10% difference by the time it goes back on the charger. In my experiment in iOS 6 I learned that turning off BT when it's not in use and toggling between data and Wifi depending on which one is in use makes a big difference. Now with Control Center it's even easier to do. So anyone complaining about battery life maybe you should give that a try.

I agree here. The battery life is definitely an issue, and one that will be tuned as the beta program evolves... but the first day was definitely the worst. I chalk it up to the combination of the OS settling in and the extreme amount of use as we explore the new layout and function. As I continue testing our apps, I am not seeing a huge drain any more.

Overall it’s not bad, and as it’s tuned, it will only get better.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I am not seeing any weather information in Notification Center. I’ve seen screen shots and videos that show a one or two line weather summary... I can’t make that display on NC... Not seeing much in the way of configuration settings for weather in the NC.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I get the weather right under the date in the Today view of notification center.

That’s what I’ve seen in photos/vids, but not on my device. Strange, but not earth shaking. After all, it’s a beta. I’ve reported it as an issue.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

You do have the Today view enabled? Maybe trying toggling the Today view on/off.

Got it... somehow Location Services got turned off for the weather app. I turned it back on, and like magic, it showed up. Grrr. I gotta pay better attention to details :)

majones

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

Just found a major bug that has forced me to remove my Exchange Account from iPhone5 with IOS7. I got a call from a customer today that said he had received 100+ calendar invite accepts from me. He invited me to a meeting this morning; I accepted it yesterday on my phone after my upgrade...thought you guys ought to know about this one.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

My battery has been solid. I installed beta and it said my UDID wasn't registered. So I put phone in DFU mode and reverted back to 6 and then installed the beta again. Second time it activated and my battery life has been fantastic. Really enjoy the standby time.