iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion

AMITNKALRA

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Beta 1 thoughts

I had that problem too. They have different iPhones.

iPhone5,1
iPhone5,2

I downloaded the 1. It did NOT work. So I downloaded 2 and it worked perfect.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Beta 1 Thoughts and Bug list

That was always there in the Facebook app. There hasn't been an update to Facebook recently that would have added that anyway.

Thanks, I'm not a big facebooker so I never noticed. Found out by accident today.

Azn Queen

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

good point. its not in chronological order from my backup but all pics ive taken since the install, seems to be in order...

jrdnlc

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

Ive had so many resprings that its making me want to switch back to iOS6. eBay app doesnt work among others

Yes, I know is a beta lol.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

This is impossible. Devs got the first beta two days ago. Coding would take more than 15 minutes. It takes Apple days to weeks to approve apps (and app updates), and nobody is allowed to add APIs from iOS 7 yet. Apple does not allow it.

​It's strictly your imagination.

The colours are definitely different on some parts of the Facebook app when comparing IOS 7 to IOS 6, I compared my mums IOS 6 phone with mine, the IOS 7 version has lighter, flatter colours in the menus, so it's definitely NOT my imagination.

It could just be the way the app is trying to integrate with IOS 7, or perhaps theres some sort of code which tries to keep apps uniform with the overall design, who knows, I'll try and make up a side by side comparison image.

Azn Queen

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

I have an iPhone 4, 4s and 5 all jailbroken for theme purposes and biteSMS

I decided to install the iOS7 last night on my 4s; I'm in Canada (if that matters) - This is what I've noticed:

- Caller ID is disabled. Very irritating since I need this for work.
- Super slow
- The "phone" ap is wonky. Its frozen right now at "favorites" I cannot place an outgoing call, or listen to voice mail, etc - If I restart it, it just freezes again when I'm in the "Phone" ap.
"Favorites" seem to work sometimes but switching quickly to "recent" or to "contacts" will freeze it.
- Sending MMS seems to be glitchy. I thought it was my 3G so I turned on wifi. Same thing.
- 2hrs ago, I saw "SIM CARD NOT INSTALLED" forcing me to open up my card slot. It was still intact, but when I closed it, it seemed to recognize my SIM again.
- Cannot see typing

Things I hope Apple changes/adds:
Speed, SIRI (no change in voice), charging time, themes (more options like colors or bookcases for the aps), ringtones are so outdated, send location option in iMessage (like What'sapp and Viber)

Overall I would rate 8/10 - if I can fix the stuff above it would be perfect. I would prefer to run iOS7 than have it JB (fyi)

teekz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

I have installed this on my 4. I actually find it responds better than iOS 6 did.

teekz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

I am having an issue replying to a group text with iMessage. Anyone else having that issue?

ios4ever

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

​Bug list means bugs with the os, not 3rd party apps. Those are not bugs. And therein lies the problem. Most of you don't even know that. You can't even report actual bugs because you don't have developer accounts.

I agree....Apps aren't optimized for ios 7 yet.... They have same beta we all have. It's a risk you take by choice by using a beta. 3 party apps crashing are not bugs

ios4ever

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

It matters because regular users will load a beta OS on their phone... download an app - and the app doesn't work... then they will go to the Developer's Facebook page and raise Hades because the app don't work... and will go into iTunes AppStore and leave horrible reviews... and show up on forums like this and rant, rave, and toss ordure - all because they're running the first release of a BETA OS and proceed to incessantly whine about what does not work... And it is all unnecessary.

Can you just make a thread for those people so we don't have to deal with them... Only genuine bugs please

bigj954

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

I'm having a lot of problems with the beta as well. 1st off Control Center is hard to open from anywhere on the phone and the Control Center icon is missing as well. Second voice to text from the keyboard most of the time takes longer then normal and either gets it wrong or bounces because it could not do it at all. third while I was typing this I clicked the voice to text and twice Safari crashed and had to start all over and the clicking sound from voice to text lags and comes in late. Fourth like you Spotlight is missing for me as well. Fifth Siri crashed on me as well a few times and the phone restated on its own when doing so. Sixth Siri does not give me the option to change the voice to male or female and it sounds just like the old Siri voice not the new Siri voice like they announced at WWDC. Seventh the battery drains really fast like in 3 hours it went full to 20%. Eighth Safari sometime takes a long time to load pages on LTE, but when it works its way faster then it was on iOS 6 and the Wi-Fi speed and signal is a huge improvement from iOS 6 as well. Ninth some of the text with 2 sections that pops up from the bottom overlaps with whats on the screen. With all this being said I hope they fix all these problems before the final public release.

JaiV

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

I downloaded IOS 7 BETA for my iPhone 4 GSM. It works but is pretty slow and laggy, there are no background animations or weather animations, and another strange thing is I cannot find the iRadio option. Can anyone help with the iRadio bit?

KaterinaM

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Oh, I didn't expect new iOS 7 to have so many problems, even in beta. The story with iOS 6 repeats...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner