iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Beta 1 Thoughts and Bug list

I haven't read anything about this yet, but I was wondering since the native clock app is always on the correct time and the seconds hand on the app icon is always moving does that mean that future apps on ios7 will have the capability to move be it the weather, sports scores, or something else?

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I really enjoy the new os... Even the beta I have been looking for problems other than app compatibility but so far haven't really seen any...

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

I must say that I'm quite impressed with how well the beta is running. I've only experience one springboard crash.

I've had two apps lock my phone for a minute, yes I understand it's not the betas fault just giving my thoughts as the thread states.

Still for a beta 1 this is incredibly smooth and impressive. Maybe it is because I love android and switch to some beta ROMS where they need a lot of work sometimes. And a lot more problems with them(some ate terrific though), I must say I am highly impressed.

My biggest complain is the different color keyboards you see. Different with certain apps, which is probably the apps, it is old keyboard. Not sure on that.

The new keyboard is nice but on search there is a darker keyboard, not sure what is up with that yet.

So that is my biggest complaint, which means it's not that big of a deal. Lol

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

I must say that I'm quite impressed with how well the beta is running. I've only experience one springboard crash.

I've had two apps lock my phone for a minute, yes I understand it's not the betas fault just giving my thoughts as the thread states.

Still for a beta 1 this is incredibly smooth and impressive. Maybe it is because I love android and switch to some beta ROMS where they need a lot of work sometimes. And a lot more problems with them(some ate terrific though), I must say I am highly impressed.

My biggest complain is the different color keyboards you see. Different with certain apps, which is probably the apps, it is old keyboard. Not sure on that.

The new keyboard is nice but on search there is a darker keyboard, not sure what is up with that yet.

So that is my biggest complaint, which means it's not that big of a deal. Lol

The keyboard thing on various different apps is down to the apps. They're given the Beta to iron out bugs and so they can begin re-designing things to fit with the new layout. I'm sure it'll be largely the same throughout on all apps for the final release.

Genuine question to those in the know - Clearly a lot of the people with IOS 7 on here are not developers and have obtained the software by other methods, what happens when Beta 1 expires? Will they get a push notification to update to Beta 2? Or will the phone simply become unusable until they downgrade to IOS 6?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I haven't read anything about this yet, but I was wondering since the native clock app is always on the correct time and the seconds hand on the app icon is always moving does that mean that future apps on ios7 will have the capability to move be it the weather, sports scores, or something else?

Possibly. It depends on whether or not Apple releases the APIs for that function to the developer world. If they do, you will probably see it soon. If not, you may never see it.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

The keyboard thing on various different apps is down to the apps. They're given the Beta to iron out bugs and so they can begin re-designing things to fit with the new layout. I'm sure it'll be largely the same throughout on all apps for the final release.

Genuine question to those in the know - Clearly a lot of the people with IOS 7 on here are not developers and have obtained the software by other methods, what happens when Beta 1 expires? Will they get a push notification to update to Beta 2? Or will the phone simply become unusable until they downgrade to IOS 6?

If they aren’t legit (meaning that they haven’t gotten their UDIDs registered and they don’t have a source for the next beta), they will own $600 bricks.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I figured that for the various apps but what snout on search? That isn't an app to my knowledge, correct? Or are they trying to distinguish it as being different?

egrorgia7

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Beta 1 thoughts

Anyone else having these issues and has anyone found a solution:

1.) My Podcasts app are totally messed up and wont work
2.) My bose headphones control doesnt work, the volume does but not start/stop/ff
3.) Cant seem to use the emoji keyboard

My headphone controls work fine. Also emoji works as well. Just went to keyboard and added emoji.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

Possibly. It depends on whether or not Apple releases the APIs for that function to the developer world. If they do, you will probably see it soon. If not, you may never see it.

I just hope more stock apps get the ability. I can only assume that the weather app will change to reflect the current weather or at least temperature like the current one.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Re: Beta 1 thoughts

Reported Bugs:

1) Clicking on a date, then create event will not generate the event form.
2) 3D background crops images so if you tilt the phone enough you can see black areas around the photo.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

It seems developers "may" have started tweaking their apps slightly.

Colours in the Facebook app seem to be more IOS7 looking than they were earlier on today. Especially when you bring up the Menu on the left hand side of the screen, but maybe it's just me!

I noticed the Facebook app now allows you to swipe to go back like in Safari. Not sure if it was there before. As i remember, swiping would only open the menu on the left or right. Now it goes back and forward, but not all the time, sometimes it opens the menu.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

I noticed the Facebook app now allows you to swipe to go back like in Safari. Not sure if it was there before. As i remember, swiping would only open the menu on the left or right. Now it goes back and forward, but not all the time, sometimes it opens the menu.

That was always there in the Facebook app. There hasn't been an update to Facebook recently that would have added that anyway.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

It seems developers "may" have started tweaking their apps slightly.

Colours in the Facebook app seem to be more IOS7 looking than they were earlier on today. Especially when you bring up the Menu on the left hand side of the screen, but maybe it's just me!

This is impossible. Devs got the first beta two days ago. Coding would take more than 15 minutes. It takes Apple days to weeks to approve apps (and app updates), and nobody is allowed to add APIs from iOS 7 yet. Apple does not allow it.

​It's strictly your imagination.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73