iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion

gccoulter

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Beta 1 thoughts

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums.

Mine seems to be running fine, no issues apart from with the Podcasts app. Seems like it's refusing to download my podcasts, even though it is connected to wifi. Haven't found a workaround yet other than syncing through the PC :/

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Beta 1 thoughts

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums.

Mine seems to be running fine, no issues apart from with the Podcasts app. Seems like it's refusing to download my podcasts, even though it is connected to wifi. Haven't found a workaround yet other than syncing through the PC :/

Again, this is not an issue with the OS, but one of the app not being ready for the changes made to the OS... the only fix will be when the developer updates the app and releases it to the AppStore (which Apple won’t allow/approve until A MUCH LATER DATE closer to the actual GM/GA release).

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Beta 1 Thoughts and Bug list

-iMessage wouldn't activate, nor Facetime (I seem to be the only one)
-eBay app is completely broken and freezes the whole phone (confirmed)
-No notifications AT ALL from third-party apps (told me to connect my phone to iTunes. I did? What was the point of that? It didn't even fix anything? Nothing popped up? what?)
-Reminders won't let me add to lists, the + button force closes the app or doesn't even appear sometimes (had to use Siri to add to the Reminders list)

iPhone 5 Verizon A1429 iOS 7 Beta 1

Again, these are not issues with the OS, but an issue of the apps not being ready for the changes made to the OS... the only fix will be when the developer updates the app and releases it to the AppStore (which Apple won’t allow/approve until A MUCH LATER DATE - closer to the actual GM/GA release). The ONLY exception to the iOS 7-ready release constraint would be for Apple developed apps. It’s good to be king.

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Brightness w/ auto-brightness on occasionally goes all the way down to the "can't see a damn thing" bottom of the slider. Not sure if shutting off auto-brightness will help but will try.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

It seems developers "may" have started tweaking their apps slightly.

Colours in the Facebook app seem to be more IOS7 looking than they were earlier on today. Especially when you bring up the Menu on the left hand side of the screen, but maybe it's just me!

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

I've just discovered something..

Set a Panorama as your wallpaper, then turn around in a circle holding your phone with the lock screen showing.

Enjoy

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I've just discovered something..

Set a Panorama as your wallpaper, then turn around in a circle holding your phone with the lock screen showing.

Enjoy

Yep.. been playing with that for a couple of days now... nice little jewel...

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Been using it for about a day and a half now and no battery issues. Got 6 hours usage with LTE and some wifi which is pretty good. Some bugs with apps and some menus. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371073692.046755.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1371073711.313728.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1371073734.430540.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1371073752.631259.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1371073929.464167.jpg

When getting incoming messages the chat doesn't scroll down to the message automatically.

When clearing notifications from notification centre it doesn't clear badges.

When you have Do Not Disturb, Bluetooth, etc icons in status bar they sometimes don't show or disappear.

Menus for apps are kind of messed up. See last picture above.

The OS is laggy sometimes and I have experienced crashes in the spring board, but that's expected with a beta.

There are some really cool features in the beta like the redesigned video player.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371074017.621371.jpg

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm having an issue with updating apps. My automatic update is on and it's started updating for Hulu but now it just says "waiting" I tried clicking on it and turning the phone on and off and it still won't download any idea on how to fix it so my app can download? I even went on the App Store to try and manually but nothing any suggestions?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I'm having an issue with updating apps. My automatic update is on and it's started updating for Hulu but now it just says "waiting" I tried clicking on it and turning the phone on and off and it still won't download any idea on how to fix it so my app can download? I even went on the App Store to try and manually but nothing any suggestions?

A bug. Had the same issue for two apps and they eventually updated on their own.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

A few people experiencing this problem. You could always try a hard reset (hold down power button and home buttons until the phone goes off) or re-installing. It's a Beta so not all apps are compatible, that means some will have trouble updating

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Having that issue with MapMyHike stuck needing an update but the update isn't taking. Hopefully it will resolve itself!

Yep...all it needed was Wi-Fi. Could it have been due to the file size? App was 23.5 MB. Anyone know what the app size limit is over cellular is? 20MB maybe?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods