iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion

Braden Gammon

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Beta 1 thoughts

Scheduled reminders card behaves strangely when control center is activated. Shunted off to one side. does not happen with other cards. Always reproducible.

Very hard to access search box in reminders app

Stocks app freezes when editing and deleting stocks sometimes. Not always reproducible.

Strange white bar appears on delete button after tapping delete then tapping the stock to cancel the delete. Always reproducible.

When sending multiple iMessages in a row, the message bubbles stack on top of each other and the user has to scroll down to separate them back out. Not always reproducible.

No good way in calendar app to see which days have events. In iOS 6 there was a dot under every day number that had one or more event. Something like the year view on the is x calendar app that shades days based on how many events are on that day would be useful. Pressing today on year view should at least return to a month view. Makes it seem unresponsive.

The springboard dock appears to not be transparent enough. I've seen pictures that more clearly display the wallpaper image behind the dock. Mine is almost completely opaque.

Weird text shadows in the notes list in the notes app.

Rough animation transitioning back from multitasking view to home screen.

Text cursor is visible outside text boxes when scrolling in safari.

Swipe to Delete button has trouble properly registering touch. Usually just cancels action.

If you save a blank white photo to the camera roll it is impossible to see.

Very rough scrolling in FaceTime app with the dynamic background.

tomsinclair94

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

Currently I can't find a way either, it was simple before with a download entire playlist button. They seem to have removed this so it looks like 1 song at a time for the time being!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site

Maybe it's just me, but I never submit bugs until beta 2 since I give them one cycle to see what they find and where their priorities are.

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site

Just installed the beta this morning. So far I love it! I've noticed that it's a little laggy on my iPhone 5 when going back to the home screen. There's a noticeable lag as the pretty transition minimizes the active application. I went ahead and installed it on my everyday phone, so I should have more comprehensive bugs as they arise. Sadly the iMore Forums app doesn't work, but hey, I'm using a beta OS! Really looking forward to getting the full version of things up and running. Anyone else seeing anything glaring? I'm not experiencing any noticeable battery issues, or overheating.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

Maybe it's just me, but I never submit bugs until beta 2 since I give them one cycle to see what they find and where their priorities are.

Same here, I don't want to duplicate efforts made by by others though, I'm sure apple parses bug reports for commonality. By beta 2, if my bug still exists, then I report it.

dankeator

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Beta 1 Thoughts and Bug list

I turned off the automatic updating for the App Store and such last night. I also let the phone completely die last night and fully charge over night. Today the battery is a little more strong than yesterday but not by much.

Has anyone tried to make a music play list yet? My music synced but when I click on playlist it says no content and no option to create a play list. If I go into artist and songs all of my music is there though..

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

I guess it's a good thing you can't then. ;-) I don't see anyone saying anything really bad or bashing it. People are giving a bug report. Believe it or not that should be okay. What do you expect people to say?

Heck the title even says bug list.

​Bug list means bugs with the os, not 3rd party apps. Those are not bugs. And therein lies the problem. Most of you don't even know that. You can't even report actual bugs because you don't have developer accounts.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site

I always report bugs. Probably because I'm a software developer by trade ( not a focus on iOS though, that's just a hobby ) that bug reports, duplicated or not, tell me how often an issue is run into, the severity of it and how many people run into it. It's REALLY valuable information when the team is deciding what needs to be fixed for the next phase. Not reporting bugs hurts any software IMO.

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

Overall I really like what they've done with 7. One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is the addition of a snooze feature to calendar reminders. When the reminder comes up you now have an options dialog which allows you to snooze it. Great addition, but seems to not be working consistently although not a surprise with a first beta release.

Mike Miller7

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

One of the first things I noticed was the my iPhone 5 seemed to be continuously counting up the unread emails in my personal account. Now I don't clear out my personal account because I keep copies of those emails on several different devices, including my personal laptop, desktop, iPad, and iPhone. So, with that being laid out I watched as it counted up to nearly 34,000 unread messages (and over a full battery of charge drained and 400 Mb of data transfer wasted). I took a look at the settings app for Mail, Contacts, and Calendars and noticed that the selections for number of messages to retain on the device was conspicuously missing, as was the size of attachment to download without asking. Obviously, after a 400 Mb download session (and with now-imposed data caps by many cell providers), this can have a very negative impact on both batteries and cell phone charges!

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

As your iOS developer boss. What part of DEVELOPER PREVIEW BETA is confusing all of these folks?

I don't see why it matters if a non-developer wants to get their hands on the new OS, if they understand that it's going to be buggy and that some apps might not be compatible, then why not? It's not going to hinder future updates

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

I don't see why it matters if a non-developer wants to get their hands on the new OS, if they understand that it's going to be buggy and that some apps might not be compatible, then why not? It's not going to hinder future updates
It matters because regular users will load a beta OS on their phone... download an app - and the app doesn't work... then they will go to the Developer's Facebook page and raise Hades because the app don't work... and will go into iTunes AppStore and leave horrible reviews... and show up on forums like this and rant, rave, and toss ordure - all because they're running the first release of a BETA OS and proceed to incessantly whine about what does not work... And it is all unnecessary.

Last edited:

mervynle

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site

I have searched and not seen anybody with this issue. In iMessage I cannot reply directly to a message, it appears frozen. If I start a new message to the sender then it takes me to the thread and allows me to type. Originally I did an update and thought that was the issue. Did a complete restore yesterday and still having the same issue. Any ideas?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I love that you can flick up on notifications on the home screen to dismiss them.

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

No real issues at all. everything is pretty good with the exception of every app update that goes through sits at "Waiting". I can resume it or delete it. if i go into the app store i can see it saying update click it and nothing happens. if i plug into mac and sync and delete via itunes the phone crashes and reboots and still sitting there saying waiting.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

I have searched and not seen anybody with this issue. In iMessage I cannot reply directly to a message, it appears frozen. If I start a new message to the sender then it takes me to the thread and allows me to type. Originally I did an update and thought that was the issue. Did a complete restore yesterday and still having the same issue. Any ideas?

Try doing a hard reset (hold power and home button until the phone goes off), its fixed the issue for a friend of mine

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods