iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 Beta 1 Thoughts and Bug list

Here's a few bugs I've noticed:

- iRadio will crash randomly
- while switching apps in the multitask switcher, if you go too fast, or start swiping too quickly after switching to another, it will crash the springboard.
- oftentimes, the screen rotation lock enables by itself (I think when a springboard crash occurs)

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

Another bug... this one for an app:

-Ebay app no worky at all with iOS 7. Just hangs on the splash screen for about 30 secs. Then goes back to homescreen (but app still in the task switcher). At that point I kill it manually.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Beta 1 thoughts

Has anyone had any apps that have needed updating yet. Its been less than 24 hours, but none of my apps have had any updates so I was wanted to know:

1.) Will the apps update automatically and show a notification (has this happened for anyone yet?)

2.) Or for the time being will it just appear in the app store

I noticed this too - no badge on the app store icon since I updated to iOS 7 last night... so went into the App Store app, clicked on the "Updates" tab in the bottom right... and low and behold, there's a list of what apps were recently updated (and you can see the date it was updated when clicking the "what's new" pull down)...recent ones for me were (as of 6/11 @ 5:30p CDT):

- Flipboard
- Flickr
- Yelp
- Concur (an expense app we use for expenses at work)

PS - would be nice if there was a setting to have a notification sent when an app gets updated... it's not really a huge issue I guess, since I would religiously update my apps, but I know some folks hold off... there might even be cases were businesses want their employees to hold off updating certain apps to confirm it doesn't cause a compatibility issue or worse a security issue...

I was wrong - I noticed some time after posting, that in my notification center, there was a notification for the App Store app telling me such and such apps had been updated.... this is cool!

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

Ok you guys wondering why your apps aren't updating and complaining that they're crashing....please read up in the thread. This is beta 1. It is the operating system and devs have just gotten it so your apps cannot possibly update yet. We're not even allowed to update for iOS 7 yet. You won't see apps updated until after the GM is released - look for early October(ish).

​I wish I could moderate everyone who continues to complain about apps on a beta because they should not be using the beta and don't even understand the point!

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site

Another issue I didn't see mentioned:

Create calendar event from an email ( where it's got a blue underlined date ) brings up the option, but never actually creates the event.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Ok you guys wondering why your apps aren't updating and complaining that they're crashing....please read up in the thread. This is beta 1. It is the operating system and devs have just gotten it so your apps cannot possibly update yet. We're not even allowed to update for iOS 7 yet. You won't see apps updated until after the GM is released - look for early October(ish).

​I wish I could moderate everyone who continues to complain about apps on a beta because they should not be using the beta and don't even understand the point!

Thank you Alli for again expressing the thoughts that many of us have. This is not a sandbox for every user who can beg, borrow, steal, buy, or weasel access to it. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. This is a testing bed for genuine software developers to begin getting their wares ready for the market with the new iteration of iOS.

Somewhere down the road (perhaps beta 3/4/5) it will become more stable and may be ready for some to try, but this is a brand new, initial beta release. The paint isn't even dry yet... This is NOT the newest status symbol to flash at all of your friends. Just resist the urge, and wait for it to be released to the world...

Iphonejackson

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Here is my list of apps that crash. I understand this is beta 1, just sharing information :)

Google+
imore forums
audible

Not that many, however, I am a pretty heavy Audible, and Google+ user .

Also, my OCD picked up that the "moving wallpapers" are too small for the screen. When tilting the screen you will start to see a black border.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

If you were syncing to iCloud then yes probably, but expect a long long restore time.

I did a workaround just reinstalled my apps from the App Store and everything is honkey dory just had to rearrange everything into my folders and such but didn't take too long and I synced with iTunes LOL.

Kody2015

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

Yes, iMessage, Texting And Phone Calls Do Work As Long As You Make Sure To Restore And DO NOT UPDATE. If You Update Then You Must Go Back And Restore Your Device.

Ismail Alghamdi

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

I have installed iOS 7 on iPhone 4s, here are the problems I faced, some are already mentioned:
1- Battery drains so fast! takes longer to charge
2- iPhone is warm almost all the time. Specially when during facetime calls, closing apps seems to help a bit.
3- Mail app crashed when I used the imap server
4- Some alignment issues when I use facebook, twitter
5- Arabic keyboard needs some work regarding size of each character.
6- Sometimes there is a lag in answering calls or switching on the speaker.

what works fine:
1- I had no problems regarding the control panel nor the notification center.
2- I had to search around for the spotlight search and finally found it but you have to click "search" to initiate the search compared to the previous versions where search results would pop as soon as you type.
3- facebook, twitter, instagram, dropbox, whatsapp, tunein radio, google maps, speed test all work fine..

thats it for now.. will update as soon as I find something new

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

This is going to be my DD for sure! For a Beta 1 it is awesome!! It's inspiring me to want to develop! I agree with Alli, stop whining about apps not working if you're going to maybe you should go back to 6.1.4 but so far I'm really loving it all my apps are working great no problems here.

The only thing I encountered is iTunes Radio hung up on me last night and would play my Franz Ferdinand radio :(

I also noticed when turning on Bluetooth the symbol was huge LOL but when I went into the music app and played on my car the symbol went down to normal size. It also had a few hiccups when trying to connect to my car.

But as I said for a Beta 1 very few bugs and annoyances that I've encountered which is awesome compared to some of the bug laden Android Roms I used to flash.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

I'm not getting half these issues. I backup iOS 6.1.4 I5 then on windows shift clicked select beta on UPDATE NOT RESTORE and iOS 7 install successful.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Panoramic photos aren't working for me as wallpaper. They look awesome in the preview but the home or start screen are just black with no image 😥

dankeator

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

i love beta 1 so far. my only issues are the battery draining extremely fast from what i'm used to on my 4s. also, the filters are not on my factory camera.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

I guess it's a good thing you can't then. ;-) I don't see anyone saying anything really bad or bashing it. People are giving a bug report. Believe it or not that should be okay. What do you expect people to say?

Heck the title even says bug list.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR