iOS 7 Developer Beta info and Bug discussion

papadonna

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Beta 1 thoughts

Thanks a lotI When I googled this random sites came up and I did not want to get short changed out of any amount of money. Much appreciated!

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site

How is the control center working for everyone? The notification center pulls down easily but I usually have to try and try to get control center to scroll up from the bottom. At first I thought it was my case (an Otterbox Armor) but then I tried it without the case and had the same issue.

I've not had an issue with it so long as I swipe from basically even with the home button and then go up. I wish control center were implemented more like spotlight where you could just swipe up just about anywhere.

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site

For those who haven't tried it, set a panoramic photo as your wallpaper. Gorgeous. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Can someone tell me how I can go about getting registered to use the beta versions?

Or, how I can go about getting registered as a developer? Im interested in doing this and assume I will need these things if i want to create apps in the near future. Thanks in advance.

Go to Apple's developers center and sign up... download the tools and start developing...
https://developer.apple.com/programs/

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site

I did see some screenshots where the keyboard was a grey color with white lettering...I wonder if that does change color depending on what you're doing?

The keyboard does change a bit. I checked email and texting (lighter grey) and Facebook (darker grey).

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

The keyboard does change a bit. I checked email and texting (lighter grey) and Facebook (darker grey).

That's a plus. But I guess the background of the Messages app, for example, remains that bright white?

Sorry for all the questions lol.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

You need to have the ispw already extracted, which can only be done on a Mac.

Not true at all.. I only have PCs and installed it w/o issue.

So far for me overall, love the look, and enjoy the changes.

Bad = Battery drain for me is huge, from 70% to 10% in 5 hours.

Mr.Chow

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

actually I love the new UI.. but it really bothered me that my phone heated like hell.. dunno why so I just went back to 6.1.4 for now.

el_capitan10

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

Did I miss it in the keynote or did they not show what it looks like when a notification comes in while you are using the phone? Does it still roll down from the top or is there a new animation?

mindfrost82

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

Overall, I like the features they've added. The Control Center is REALLY nice and I'll be using that a lot. With some apps, there's a mix of the old iOS and the new, an example is the OneNote app from Microsoft. They never updated it for the iPhone 5 resolution, and when you use it in iOS7, you'll still get the old keyboard instead of the new one.

So far all of my apps seem to be working fine.

I've had a few slowdowns, even while navigating the Settings menus.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

It's buggy as expected. If you have a light background, forger about seeing your status bar at the home screen. Spotlight seems to be gone, or at least I can't find it.

Still playing with it....

No. And I found spotlight.....just swipe down from the top.

I still don't see it. Help please?

If you're referring to Spotlight just swipe down from the middle of the homescreen.

More correctly, just pull down on the field of icons... nice...

mtbenti

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site

Did I miss it in the keynote or did they not show what it looks like when a notification comes in while you are using the phone? Does it still roll down from the top or is there a new animation?

Its a different animation, drops in from the top still but its a black rectangle now that drops down & pulls up