iPhone 3g power button non-functional. how can i updat my iOS/jailbreak?

ARAJMAHAD

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
so, as you may have guessed, from the title, my iPhone 3g has a problem with the power button (it doesn't work), and as i have discovered, you need to hold down the power button to do the upgrades, but without a functional power button, that's a problem. does anyone know if there is a way around that? is there any way to do it without the power button, or will i have to replace it first? any advice is appreciated. either way, thanks for reading.

ARAJMAHAD

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
tried that, but when i connect it to iTunes, it only re-flashes it, to be like new, but it's still iOS 4.2.1 and i want to get a newer iOS but in order to do that, apparently, i need to hold the power button and the home button to make it work. however, since i don't have a power button, i can't do it. any thoughts?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
tried that, but when i connect it to iTunes, it only re-flashes it, to be like new, but it's still iOS 4.2.1 and i want to get a newer iOS but in order to do that, apparently, i need to hold the power button and the home button to make it work. however, since i don't have a power button, i can't do it. any thoughts?

The iPhone 3G is not supported beyond the version you have. To get iOS 6.1.3, you will need an iPhone 3GS or later device.