What some iOS 7 stock app icons might look like

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I agree. Siri is a much better use of at a glance info if it can do more and faster. I like Siri and the idea behind it but more needs to be done with 3rd parties to work with Siri and to do that, apple is going to need to open up Siri to 3rd parties AND allow for default apps

exactly Siri is so limited and it's frustrating. It will be interesting to see if they did anything with Siri this go round.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Widgets do not kill battery life, please stop perpetuating that myth..

Also, virtually everyone who jailbreaks their iPhone adds widgets, so obviously most people want them, just because a handful of people on tech sites do not, doesn't make it so.

Just like with every other feature Apple has copied from the competition, it "sucks" and isn't necessary, until they announce it, then it's awesome and Apple invented it..:rolleyes:

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
There is no myth.....

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Depends on the wiglets and how often they update. Stuff like one for music that isn't being used wont take up to much battery but something like system info that updates every 30 seconds-1 min will...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
There is no myth.....

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Depends on the wiglets and how often they update. Stuff like one for music that isn't being used wont take up to much battery but something like system info that updates every 30 seconds-1 min will...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

I believe it is a myth based on fear. Truth is, everything uses battery power to some extent right? We pick and choose what we do with our phones to try to get the best battery life possible. A widget that updates every 15-30 minutes, or when you have your phone in use shouldn't cause more drain than a background push notification, and those are going off all the time on peoples phones. If someone wants to use a system info widget that's constantly updating that's up to them. I have 5 widgets on my iPhone now and I'm seeing the best battery life I've ever had. For all I know iWidgets was made by some kid in his spare time, certainly Apple could give us widgets that didn't cause any noticeable battery drain as well!? Every new feature I can think of Apple has added over the years has been optional, you can go into settings and turn off the notification center, and use those horrid old pop-ups if one wishes. so I at least wish they would give us the option so that those of us that want them can use them. People get so hung up on their dislike/hatred for Android that they seem to want Apple to keep limiting the functionality of the iPhone so that it doesn't dare mimic any of Android's features, truth is Android phones have some really useful stuff, and many of us would like to see them added to the iPhone so that they have that Apple polish.

But anyway, I doubt we'll ever see them, it looks like all we are getting next week is some re-skinned icons, no real new functionality which the iPhone needs.. Hope they've kept the good stuff under wraps!

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
It looks like a piece of paper sitting on the screen with a blurry photo taken. If you're going to leak a photo that is real, leak a better quality one ffs!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
i completely agree people should wait but if this ends up being true then at first look/impression it looks too much like the same old thing

people want changes, yes even something as simple as stock icons

But what would be the fun in waiting and not jumping to conclusions? hahha

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
This was a mockup I made a bit ago for a contact page app. It's flat for the most part but at least is gluing and balanced. The background would be a user choice that would be greeted and brightened .

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1370702201.521996.jpg

(I didn't finish the icons on this image) there should be 2 more one for a log and the other for location stuff like places they have been and recommended, their location (IF they permit it) places they have traveled (uses Facebook info) and other location based stuff. That you could check out places your friends have liked.

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
I personally like the gloss look on stock apps. I'm more concerned with changes inside the app. I'm fine with the look of the app icons.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711