What some iOS 7 stock app icons might look like

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
New Icons , Major iOS Revamp!

One of the comments on the article. Yes enlightened commenter only look at one aspect and make a snap judgement we don't even know what else is being revamped and UI is part of that. I hate people like this. Wait till WWDC but from what I gather this person probably wouldn't be happy with whatever Apple announces.

Sent from the collector home world.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i completely agree people should wait but if this ends up being true then at first look/impression it looks too much like the same old thing

people want changes, yes even something as simple as stock icons

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
i completely agree people should wait but if this ends up being true then at first look/impression it looks too much like the same old thing

people want changes, yes even something as simple as stock icons

Agreed but this is just one supposed screenshot so until we see more its hard to pass judgement.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Agreed but this is just one supposed screenshot so until we see more its hard to pass judgement.

I think the reason we'll see comments like that, and continue to, is because of Apples history. year after year people feel let down by Apple because they know more can be done

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I think the reason we'll see comments like that, and continue to, is because of Apples history. year after year people feel let down by Apple because they know more can be done

True true cause I used to be apart of that crowd LOL and I think part of the reason why the iPhone 3G was my last iPhone before the 5 because Apple seemed to be going at a glacial pace adding features I mean taking almost 3 years to add copy and paste!? But I'm happy being back on my iPhone and I've turned full Apple geek circle again like I was in 2008 LOL just got a MBP and airport express and I don't miss android at all.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The problem with this "leak" screenshot is that anyone with a Jailbroken iPhone can make their own version of the icons blur the screen and then claim a leak. I'll just wait it's not much longer now :)

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
here is actually what stock apps might look like....

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1370306900.599815.jpg

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1370306930.298529.jpg

Personally not impressed if so. These are from the WWDC app so it may not look like this but wouldn't be surprised if it did. It's extremely bland in my opinion. While android, bb10 and ubuntu mobile also use a flat design, they have design elements that help spruce up the flatness

Blackberry

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1370307558.339900.jpg

Android

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1370307575.736323.jpg

Notice the fluency in design on both? I am not a huge fan of the bb10 design but it is generally fluent and not as bland. Android does this even better. Even apps with white top bars use more color somewhere to balance the design. Not only is the WWDC app bland, it uses some 3dish elements and some flat ones which make it look out of place. For instance, on the top bar, you can switch pages by pushing in one side of the button. However the button itself looks out of place and bland. Pushing it in yields a very dark gray with shadow highlights. The gray is too dark and there is far to much grey/white in the app with little contrast. Also while gradients from the top bar and bottom bar were dramatically reduced, the gradients In the section headers are very noticeable.

What I think was done right (and hope do Cary over) is the bottom bar and icons, and the keeping of shadows.

What I think needs to change is the overuse of gray tones. Idk maybe I am just going crazy but I really think there is potential, but if this is what to expect, I feel like ios will actually be really bland. It literally looks like someone just took all the color, texture and gloss off of the current ios and didn't make any tweaks to balance the design.

Of course this may not even be close to what ios7 looks like but it is the WWDC app so there's a fair chance it is.

Buck1127

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The problem with this "leak" screenshot is that anyone with a Jailbroken iPhone can make their own version of the icons blur the screen and then claim a leak. I'll just wait it's not much longer now :)

Agreed..... We will know for sure next week. With all the concepts out there it's anyone's guess until we see the real deal on June 10th

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
here is actually what stock apps might look like....

View attachment 31667

View attachment 31668

Personally not impressed if so. These are from the WWDC app so it may not look like this but wouldn't be surprised if it did. It's extremely bland in my opinion. While android, bb10 and ubuntu mobile also use a flat design, they have design elements that help spruce up the flatness

Blackberry

View attachment 31669

Android

View attachment 31670

Notice the fluency in design on both? I am not a huge fan of the bb10 design but it is generally fluent and not as bland. Android does this even better. Even apps with white top bars use more color somewhere to balance the design. Not only is the WWDC app bland, it uses some 3dish elements and some flat ones which make it look out of place. For instance, on the top bar, you can switch pages by pushing in one side of the button. However the button itself looks out of place and bland. Pushing it in yields a very dark gray with shadow highlights. The gray is too dark and there is far to much grey/white in the app with little contrast. Also while gradients from the top bar and bottom bar were dramatically reduced, the gradients In the section headers are very noticeable.

What I think was done right (and hope do Cary over) is the bottom bar and icons, and the keeping of shadows.

What I think needs to change is the overuse of gray tones. Idk maybe I am just going crazy but I really think there is potential, but if this is what to expect, I feel like ios will actually be really bland. It literally looks like someone just took all the color, texture and gloss off of the current ios and didn't make any tweaks to balance the design.

Of course this may not even be close to what ios7 looks like but it is the WWDC app so there's a fair chance it is.

WWDC 12 app was similar, didn't give anything away, not that there was anything to give away with iOS 6.

Hopefully it looks nothing like that!

WWDC-12-screenshots.png

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
"let's all have widgets so the battery last 2-3 hours" Epic........

No thanks...

​As long as it's stable, I am game.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
"let's all have widgets so the battery last 2-3 hours" Epic........

No thanks...

​As long as it's stable, I am game.

I really don't care about having widgets. But, if they allowed widgets in iOS7,
we don't have to use them if we don't want to. Some people don't care about
reduced battery life. So let them have widgets.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Apple will not do widgets, not like most people think of as widgets. Just like I know they wont do an SD card slot or a file manager. They will add "widgets" in the notification center like the Twitter, Facebook, Weather, etc. If Apple could get more people using Siri and Siri working better and doing more I think it would be better than widgets.

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Apple will not do widgets, not like most people think of as widgets. Just like I know they wont do an SD card slot or a file manager. They will add "widgets" in the notification center like the Twitter, Facebook, Weather, etc. If Apple could get more people using Siri and Siri working better and doing more I think it would be better than widgets.

I agree. Siri is a much better use of at a glance info if it can do more and faster. I like Siri and the idea behind it but more needs to be done with 3rd parties to work with Siri and to do that, apple is going to need to open up Siri to 3rd parties AND allow for default apps