Remove Repo that has no Delete button

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I had copied a Repo URL from a site and pasted it into Cydia, all the original site hypertext copied into it without my knowledge. The Repo doesn't work and there is no delete button to remove what I had entered when I tap Edit like there is for other Repos. So now when I go to Cydia I get a error about Sources that I have to dismiss before I can continue.
Is anyone aware of another way to remove a Repo?

Edit: I have iCleaner which can remove Repos but it takes all the Repos and I would have to re-enter them (may have to).

***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
Tweet @LondonComp ***

Last edited:

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried sliding your finger across the repo rather than hitting edit? That should pop up a delete button.

I have and it doesn't work either, the delete button doesn't appear.
Thx

Tweet @LondonComp ***

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
What does it do that makes it a need to remove it? I ask because I know I'd likely be lazy and leave it there rather than re-enter all other repos so I'd never have considered the other option.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
What does it do that makes it a need to remove it? I ask because I know I'd likely be lazy and leave it there rather than re-enter all other repos so I'd never have considered the other option.

It gave me a error and "return to Cydia" page, nothing major but a pia. I found the solution on google "how to remove a repo using iFile" ?

iFile Method

Step 1. Navigate to '/private/etc/apt/sources.list.d'
-1a. Open it, and delete all files that come up as a error on Cydia.
-1b. Open Cydia.list for editing You will see lines that look like : deb http:/xsellize.com for example.
-1c. Remove the line that has the offending repo URL.

Step 2. Navigate to : /private/var/lib/apt/list and Delete all files that contain the corrupted repo in the name.

Step 3. Navigate to : /private/var/lib/apt/list/partial and Delete all files that contain the corrupted repo in the name.

Step 4. Navigate to : /private/var/lib/cydia and Open the metadata.plist
-4a. Search for the corrupted repo, and Delete all instances of it. It may appear More than once in the metadata.plist file.
-4b. Save the file.

I followed the above and it worked.

Thx, for replies.

Tweet @LondonComp ***

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member