Stuck Apple Logo

Julac Ontina

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I need help obviously. I have jailbroken my iPad 3 some few days ago, but then I decided to "un-jailbreak" it.
What I did was, I went to Cydia and deleted MobileSubstrate. But then it suddenly froze, so I tried to restart it, but whenever it boots up, it only stops up to the Apple Logo.
And at the same unfortunate time, my iPad's battery was drained, so f I wait for it to boot up, it just turns off and re-charges again.
I don't want to restore it and I have a deadline of 3-4 days. PLEASE HELP!

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
You're stuck in a boot loop. The only way out of this a a restore. Sorry for the bad news. You'll have to restore from a backup or start new. Either way, you have to lose the jailbreak, most likely until iOS 7 comes around.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Try holding down the volume up key while rebooting the device. That is supposed to disable MS, so it might get you back to a usable state. Although in all honesty, you're probably still going to need to do a restore to get it fully functioning.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You're stuck in a boot loop. The only way out of this a a restore. Sorry for the bad news. You'll have to restore from a backup or start new. Either way, you have to lose the jailbreak, most likely until iOS 7 comes around.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
Shame on you.

That's not the only way.

Try using the technique linked below.

Try seeing if you can get back into DFU. If you can, plug into redsn0w and try using the boot.

Use a restore as a last resort rather than "that sounds hard, just restore."

Boot Loop Tip

Recently many people have fallen prey to the boot loop issue after installing a jailbreak tweak. The phone reboots, Apple logo shows up then goes dim and reboots. You can access your file system via SSH but cannot get into safe mode. I suffered this problem along with many others and it seems Cydia dev @saurik had received tons of emails on how to fix the problem. Luckily there is a fix where you need to remove two files on your device so your springboard can reload its file system.

First you need to SSH into the file system and find these 2 files
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

Once you find them don't delete them just in case ;)
change them to
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore.bak
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist.bak

This basically renders them invisible, you can go and delete them later, always good to keep a backup :)

Once you have changed the name reboot.
Upon reboot you will notice all your stock apps are there and your installed cydia apps but NO appstore apps.
DONT PANIC :)

Just sit back and chill as iOS will slowly rebuild your apps on the springboard. I have over 300 apps on mine so it took a couple of minutes.
Once all your apps are showing go into Cydia and remove the offending tweak. Should work perfect.

Then go back into iFile and removed the files you changed to .bak.

You can also use this method if you have jailbroken your device and Siri stops opening apps.

Julac Ontina

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Shame on you.

That's not the only way.

Try using the technique linked below.

Try seeing if you can get back into DFU. If you can, plug into redsn0w and try using the boot.

Use a restore as a last resort rather than "that sounds hard, just restore."
But I didn't get the IP address of the iPad to access it through WinSCP... Are there other ways to SSH into the iPad?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You usually don't *have* to SSH; you may be able to do it via a USB program like iExplorer, which wouldn't require the IP address.

Julac Ontina

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I kno- wait. iExplorer? Okay I'll give it a shot, Thanks! (Phew, I thought it was the end of the world...)
Btw, does it still work when the iPad is in DFU or recovery mode?

Julac Ontina

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Well, I did everything I could and yes, I have tried using iExplorer and other programs similar to it, but still the iPad wasn't recognized...
Btw, I just needed the Photos in the iPad, so if I could possibly get access into the filesystem, it would be awesome.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
When you plug it in via USB, does it charge?

When it has charge, does your computer see it while it's on?
If so, what does the computer say? Ie, "device not supported" "ipad" "ipad in recovery mode"

Did you have photo syncing on with iCloud?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Did you "backup" your ipad recently in iTunes? If so, pics and videos taken with the ipad are stored in those backups. You could regain them by restoring with the backup.

Jeremyst

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks man!!! it worked for me!! i used ifunbox to find the files and renamed them, then i pressed home and sleep button at the same time to do a reboot and springboard came to live and the apps started to show up gradually like you said. I have Ipad Mini on IOS 6.1.2. All is working fine now. Great tuturial!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2