Did You Know? The Jailbreak Edition

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Inspired by the original Did You Know thread...now with more jailbreak! Share your favorite hidden features from jailbreak apps and tweaks here.

I'll start with a recently rediscovered BiteSMS feature; very handy for those annoying group texts you're no longer interested in!

Notification Opt Out
Allows you to 'opt out' of receiving notification alerts for one or more contacts (so when a message is received no notification vibrate, sound, alert or badge is shown). Less...
Ideal for opting out of spam or group messages or even keeping a conversation on the 'quiet'. Simply long hold on a conversation (in the conversation list) to toggle notification alerts on or off for that contact. When you have opted out of receiving notifications for a contact it shows as a little bell icon:

image.jpg

What is your favorite "under the radar" feature of a well-known jailbreak app?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Did You Know... iFile isn't only a Finder replacement? Yes, not only can you use iFile to view local files, but it can sync with your Dropbox, box.net, or any FTP server you have the credentials to use. I find this handy for when I want to put a video on my iPad to watch in mobile VLC. I just pop the video into dropbox, open iFile and I can copy it right from my dropbox to the media folder on my iPad.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Did You Know... iFile isn't only a Finder replacement? Yes, not only can you use iFile to view local files, but it can sync with your Dropbox, box.net, or any FTP server you have the credentials to use. I find this handy for when I want to put a video on my iPad to watch in mobile VLC. I just pop the video into dropbox, open iFile and I can copy it right from my dropbox to the media folder on my iPad.

Yes! iFile has so many great and under-appreciated features, but the Dropbox linking is one of the very best!

Did You Know...that you can use Activator not only for launching a single app, but to give you a pop up menu of actions to select from? For instance, you can set it up so that whenever you plug in your headphones you will get a menu of your music apps:

PeE0WIp.jpg

-Scroll near the bottom of the Activator menu and click on "Menus"
-Click "Add Menu" and give it a title
-Click on the new menu and then "Add Action" - you can add all of your music apps from here (note: you have to add them one at a time)
-Go back to the main menu and click "Anywhere"
-Scroll to the bottom and select "Connected"
-Scroll down a little bit until you see the menu section with your menu and select it
-Enjoy. Now whenever you plug in your headphones/aux cable you will get a menu with all of your music apps.
(Note: this doesn't work well if you use a passcode lock.)

Or just use it as a new kind of launcher from Springboard:
Menus Activator - YouTube

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2