Possibly dead iPhone 4S

BrettAU

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4S that is bricked, or truly messed up. It was jailbroken.

Last night my phone was being screwy. When plugging it up to charge, it would start charging, then stop, then start, and so on and so forth. I tried numerous charging blocks, cords, outlets, and computers. This happened with all of them. My phone had no water damage or drop damage. My only thought was maybe a weird Software problem.

I plugged it in and downloaded the new software with the intent to restore and update. I kept getting errors for my update and after finally getting it to work, about halfway through my battery died. After that my phone went black. I went to plug it into an outlet and got the low battery icon. I left it plugged up all night and when I woke up it was still on low battery and now I cannot even get that icon back up. It's black screen and nothing else.

Computer will not recognize I, home and power button does nothing, it's completely black with no response.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4S that is bricked, or truly messed up. It was jailbroken.

Last night my phone was being screwy. When plugging it up to charge I would start charging, then stop, then start, and so on and so forth. I tried numerous charging blocks, cords, outlets, and computers. This happened with all of them. My phone had no water damage or drop damage. My only thought was maybe a weird Software problem.

I plugged it in and downloaded the new software with the intent to restore and update. I kept getting errors for my update and after finally getting it to work, about halfway through my battery died. After that my phone went black. I went to plug it into an outlet and got the low battery icon. I left it plugged up all night and when I woke up it was still on low battery and now I cannot even get that icon back up. It's black screen and nothing else.

Computer will not recognize I, home and power button does nothing, it's completely black with no response.

Any ideas?

I have to say that this is beyond my scope but we have someone on the team that is great at this stuff. I will have that person get in touch. I just did not want you to go unanswered

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Honestly it sounds like a bad battery. I would let the phone sit for a day or two, then try again. Worst case, a trip to apple is in order. This is probably not software related.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Honestly it sounds like a bad battery. I would let the phone sit for a day or two, then try again. Worst case, a trip to apple is in order. This is probably not software related.

I agree, happen to me before and after 2 days, I plugged it in over night and all was good in the morning.

BrettAU

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Bought a battery and a battery replacement kit. Gonna give it a shot since I'm already out of my warranty. Thanks for the effort.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73