Jailbreak Brand New Iphone 5?

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I'm having problems with my iphone 5 that I have jailbroken and verizon is going to send me a replacement. My question is will i be able to jailbreak the new phone? and how can I backup everything and put everything the same way as my old iphone 5? Thanks!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Whether or not you can jailbreak your new phone depends on the firmware it comes with out of the box. If it is on 6.0-6.1.2, then yes, you can jailbreak it using the latest version of evasi0n.

To back up your info, plug your phone into your computer, open iTunes, then click the "backup iPhone" button. This will NOT back up any of your cydia data. To do that you need a tweak such as XBackup (paid) or PkgBackup (free) from Cydia, but this route is not recommended. Mass-installing tweaks can lead to dependency and conflict issues.

I have found the easiest way is to take a screenshot of your installed tweaks list (home+power for 1 sec) and the source list (only really needed if you were using beta repos). Then when you get your new phone, jailbreak it, then plug it in and let iTunes restore from backup. The screenshots you've taken will be on the camera roll. You can use those as a reference to restore your cydia tweaks.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Ok so I'm having problems with my iphone 5 that I have jailbroken and verizon is going to send me a replacement. My question is will i be able to jailbreak the new phone? and how can I backup everything and put everything the same way as my old iphone 5? Thanks!

It depends if the replacement is on 6.1.3 or not. If it is, ur stuck on stock for a good time. If its not then u can use evasion to jb again. There are a few tweaks u can dl from Cydia that will back u ur packages and tweaks suck as Package Backup, which is what I use

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
You can also use this app called AptBackup

Here's a screenshot of the app when you open it.

puna4apa.jpg

Sent from the collector home world.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I had to replace my phone due to a bad lock button. I took screenshots of all my cydia stuff and backed up my phone via icloud. I luckily got a refurb phone with 6.1.2 and was able to do an icloud backup and jb via evasi0n. If your near an apple store you may be able to swap out the phone you get if its 6.1.3. My buddy broke his screen and got a new phone from att. It was 6.1.2. He was new to the jailbreak scene and installed some things not compatible with 6.1.2, and restored via itunes to 6.1.3. He then went back to apple and swapped for another phone. Not sure what he said or how he got them to do it, must have just been lucky. Anyways, heres two cases of getting new phones on 6.1.2. 6.1.3 hasnt been out for too long, so hopefully you get a 6.1.2 phone :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods