Why are my folders opening so slowly on my iPod touch 5?

daviesgeek

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a jailbroken iPod touch five. It is running iOS 6.1.2. Whenever I tap to open a folder, it generally takes at least 1 ? 2 seconds to open the folder. I've tried disabling mobile substrate add-ons that I thought would possibly be causing this problem, but nothing helped. I did also try FolderEnhancer, but I didn't really like it. I would like my stock iOS folders back!!!! Any suggestions?

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Did you try uninstalling all the unnecessary hacks? like folder enhancer or any other you don't use? if that doesn't help and you don't have much to lose, try restoring.

mgregg99

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I use Folder Enhancer and notice that the first time I open a folder after a respring or a reboot it takes a moment to open. All other attempts to open the folder after that are quick. I think it has to do with caching the icons.

Mike

daviesgeek

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I also found that sometimes after a respring, something odd happens and the apps that I've placed in folders within the last couple week somehow end up out of the folders and on the last page. :confused:

daviesgeek

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
So I exported a list of all my packages using AppInfo, and then uninstalled MobileSubstrate and deleted all the preferences in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences that were not "com.apple*". This uninstalls most of the packages, and then I reinstalled all my packages. This worked great and now I have a much faster device, faster resprings, reboots, and my issues with the folders was fixed. No need for restore.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro