HELP!! Can't download anything...

Justin V

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,
I have a Verizon iPhone 5 running 6.1 jailbroken. I'd been JB for several months since the evasi0n JB. I'm using the Boss.iOS theme and it's awesome!

Here's my problem. A couple of days ago I was trying to download and install a lock screen widget. I was having some trouble and had DL the package and was using the app ifile to go into the file system and make the changes necessary to the package to set up the widget. I did it a few times because I wasn't successful (I suspect this caused the problem) I eventually got it set up correctly but noticed shortly thereafter that I cannot download anything from iTunes, appstore or new Podcasts using the Podcast app. I can't DL on wifi OR LTE. I am 99% sure I didn't touch any files other than the lock screen widget files zipfolder or accociated files I was working with. I certainly wouldn't have modified anything that I was unsure of in the file system. Thus I have no idea what I might have done that is now preventing me from downloading to the phone.
It is a bit of a shot in the dark but does anyone have any idea what I might have done to cause this and what I might to to fix it?
As I understand my only option, if I want to be able to DL anything, is to un-jailbreak and go back to stock. I will HATE that since I have this phone in an otherwise perfect state.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
jjdukes

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried restarting your phone? That fixes a lot of weird issues like this. Home button+power until you see the apple, then let it boot back up.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Okay next thing--turn off your phone using the power button and slide to turn off. Now hold down the volume up button, then turn your phone on (keep the volume up button pressed). This should put your phone in safe mode. See if it works now. If so, a tweak you have installed is the problem.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Try holding down the home and power button then wait until the phone reboots then let go.

The hard reboot is no more useful than the power off laelipoo suggested. Is far less useful than the safe mode she prompted him to use.

The technique you suggest is better suited for frozen phones. This isn't the case here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro