Upgrading iPhone 4S from 6.0.1 without losing JB

sumeshpremraj

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4S on iOS 6.0.1. I did an iTunes backup before the jailbreak, as advised. Google Maps isn't working since yesterday - probably something to do with all the Cydia tweaks I installed. I tried removing all the tweaks but that didn't work either.

So, I'm looking for a way to go back to stock 6.0.1 or whatever version is possible. Also, how can I upgrade to the latest jailbreakable iOS version possible (I know this question must have been asked a thousand times already, but I don't want to follow outdated advice, so any upto-date, trustworthy link would be great, guys).

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
currently there is no way to restore back to the firmware you currently are on (A5+ devices) which used to be your only option in this situation (with SHSH blobs saved)

you will be forced to update to 6.1.3 which currently does not have the ability to be jailbroken and probably will not for a few months (6.1.3+)

if you truly want to preserve your current JB you will need to study/investigate (google or here) about your current issue. chances are someone else has experienced the same as you and there might be an easy fix

welcome to the Wonderful World of Jailbreak. good luck!

sumeshpremraj

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Turns out that the issue was with 2 factor authentication in my Google account. Logging out and back in fixed the issue.

Thanks for your replies, guys.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice