How do I go back to app?

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
This may be a really stupid question but I've got to ask.

When using the iMore app today I clicked on a link to an external source. This then opened up in Safari, I think (unless it opens in the app itself). When I'd finished with the linked page I just could not find any way of returning to the iMore app. In the end I had to close the linked page then re-open iMore app.

Have I missed something obvious or is it necessary to just close out and then re-open the app as I did?

For the sake of an example the link below is the one I clicked on, if anyone wants to try to open it in their iMore app and see what I mean in case I've been a bit vague.

(Link originally provided by kch50428 in one of my threads (I don't want to be accused of plagiarism :D ))

How to make iCloud on Windows sync bookmarks with Safari, not Internet Explorer - Ask Different

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This may be a really stupid question but I've got to ask.

When using the iMore app today I clicked on a link to an external source. This then opened up in Safari, I think (unless it opens in the app itself). When I'd finished with the linked page I just could not find any way of returning to the iMore app. In the end I had to close the linked page then re-open iMore app.

Have I missed something obvious or is it necessary to just close out and then re-open the app as I did?
The iMore app has a built-in browser and when you tap on an external link, it will open in the app's browser. to return to the previous page, select "article" in the upper left corner of the screen.

For the sake of an example the link below is the one I clicked on, if anyone wants to try to open it in their iMore app and see what I mean in case I've been a bit vague.

(Link originally provided by kch50428 in one of my threads (I don't want to be accused of plagiarism :D ))

How to make iCloud on Windows sync bookmarks with Safari, not Internet Explorer - Ask Different
I could not locate article that contained the above link via the iMore App. I searched the "All Articles" & the "How-To" section of the app.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
As you can see, mine is slightly different than yours. Yours is opened from within Safari whereas mine is opened from within the iMore Forums app.

Thanks, you've highlighted my problem so I've changed the setting in my app to open within the app instead. It must have defaulted to Safari because I've not touched any of the settings. Thanks anyway.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods