Facebook Chat Heads Coming to iOS

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
chat_heads_iphone_large_verge_medium_landscape.png

While the latest Facebook app update brought Chat Heads for Messenger to iOS, they can only be used inside of the Facebook app, unlike on Android where they can float over apps system wide. Jailbreak developer Adam Bell is changing that with a tweak that will allow the Chat Heads feature to be used outside of the official FB app. Read more at The Verge.

Personally, I don't even use Facebook Messenger--but I'm glad to see the jailbreak community bringing the feature to iOS for those who do. Will you use it?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I won't use the jailbreak. But I will use it when Apple and Facebook work together to integrate this into the OS

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
silly boy, i doubt our precious Apple will allow full integration

They have been working with both Facebook and Twitter for more social integration into the OS. This would be a logical move to bring more integration. There's been talk of moving Facebook from an add-on app to a system component. Guess we will see how it goes.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
When the jailbreak tweak intergrates with SMS/iMessage (which I read they will be trying next) then I am in. I don't use messenger very much.,

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
They have been working with both Facebook and Twitter for more social integration into the OS. This would be a logical move to bring more integration. There's been talk of moving Facebook from an add-on app to a system component. Guess we will see how it goes.

This is unlikely unless Apple gets to keep more hands on control of the Messenger App. Allowing that kind of control borders on getting out of the precious sandbox.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
anyone have Chat Heads working natively yet?

i've been messaging people randomly everyday and hanging out in my FB app longer than usual just to see if it's up and running

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
anyone have Chat Heads working natively yet?

i've been messaging people randomly everyday and hanging out in my FB app longer than usual just to see if it's up and running

Yes I have has the heads pop up .. Although I think it's cool it's kind of annoying lol

As far as FB app being integrated into iOS that would be a fail on apples part for allowing it .. FB app still can't even give me a push notification with sound it vibrate .. To many basic issues to be at apples standards

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have has the heads pop up .. Although I think it's cool it's kind of annoying lol

As far as FB app being integrated into iOS that would be a fail on apples part for allowing it .. FB app still can't even give me a push notification with sound it vibrate .. To many basic issues to be at apples standards

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

I have it as well. Have had it since the update was released.

WindingBerry

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Chat heads was working for about a day and no more?????? My phone is not jailbroken, everything is up to date... any ideas. I actually really liked the chat heads in FB app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2