What features do you think will be included in iOS 7? You can be featured in blog post!!!

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: What features do you think will be included in iOS 7?

The ability to:
- Send attachments in the native Mail app... Photos, documents, etc...
- Make iMessage more visually friendly (avatars could be a good start)

You can already attach photos in email by long pressing in the body of the email.

iMessage shows the picture of the person from my address book as their avatar.

ShaunKL

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

Ability to set default apps.
Gesture support similar to the iPad's.
Ability to delete apps like Stock and Weather, then hide the rest.
Four quick-access apps above the "slide to open" area.
Kill all apps button.
Folder support in Mail.
And quick toggles, somewhere.

pottsee1

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

Spotlight is another option. I'm just not one to type. Siri is somewhat limited because of older hardware or situations where you need to be quiet (movie theaters, offices etc.). I'll be watching to see if anyone correctly guessed what finds up in iOS7.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Make messages app more like messages for Mac. The ability to add other services like yahoo and Facebook. Then I could get rid of IM+.

The ability to show nicknames over the full name when someone calls, or when creating emails/texts/iMessages. The way I currently handle this is to create an additional contact card with only the nickname as the first name and unite it with the contact card with the full details. Bit of a hassle. I'd rather see "mamma" calling versus her full name.

Don't take this the wrong way,but couldn't you just use the nickname as the contact info? That's what I do.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

personally, i do not want any new features..

this will help me lower my expectations and avoid any possibilities of frustration when that time comes. every year people set the bar high and Apple always seems to come way beneath than what most people would like to see, i'm not necessarily complaining about it either

i have been an iPhone user for a while now and am smart enough to know how "it just works"

the rumor is iOS 7 is to be completely revamped. everything is a rumor until Apple officially announces it. their definition of "revamped" could be completely different than what you and i are thinking. but like every year, i lower my expectations and go from there. probably a method a lot of others should adopt

chris_328

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

Features:
Kids Corner (Similar to WP8)
A File Manager
Offline Siri Please!!!!
Cross-Platform iMessage
Mission Control and dashboard (for the sake of widgets)
Quick Toggles
Gestures for iPhone and iPod touch
Modern but classy interface (overhauled)
New Icons!!!
Maps Improvements!!
Photo booth for iPhone and iPod touch

waleedgangnam

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
What i want is "quick reply To Sms and other whatsapp like messages" option.. Even right from lockscreen..
I wish to see Easy Bluetooth paring option with non iOS devices.. To share photos videos and music
I want to see Downloading Option in safari
I want fast AppStore Loading and browsing
I want the Fast and easy Wi-fi and brightness etc toggles right from Norification centre and available to easily access from lockscreen too.. Somehow!
I want to see an option in iOS 7 to change the icons and kinda themes.
Most of everything , all of us want to see alot of battery improvement in iOS 7. That would be great to see
We want the options to easily transfer music and stuff to iOS devices easily from itunes...
Without deleting existing data..
Please plez plez Make an option in iOS 7 to download music and videos directly on iDevices and saving into Its own Music and videos app.
Thanks alot Apple.

emirozmen

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

Weather integration onto the lock screen. Like on this JB tweak. OR I am sure Apple could find a better implementation. This tweak looks very much like the weather widget in the notification center. I am really looking forward to this on the lock screen. It is clean and wonderful!

photo1_zpsb05a8946.png

photo2_zps7532262d.png

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site

personally, i do not want any new features..

this will help me lower my expectations and avoid any possibilities of frustration when that time comes. every year people set the bar high and Apple always seems to come way beneath than what most people would like to see, i'm not necessarily complaining about it either

True, but there's going to come a time where resting on past success won't work anymore.

i have been an iPhone user for a while now and am smart enough to know how "it just works"

Well, you should be smart enough then to know that that is 100% BS, pure propaganda spread by fanboys. Ever since 6.1.X came out battery life on many many peoples phones is absolute garbage, way worse than Android phones, the supposed "bugginess" of Android is also a thing of the past, iOS has all sorts of problems, just read any iOS help forum and it's riddled with people having all sorts of issue's, that aren't JB related either. And I'd say Android is ahead of Apple now as far as the so-called "user experience" goes, for being such a locked down, restricted OS, with zero customizability, it shouldn't be plagued by battery problems, freezing, data loss, etc. Whatever issue's there still are with Android, I feel they are ahead of Apple since there are so many options with them, at least you get something in return! All Apple's restrictions do is hurt the end user who cannot set the phone up to his/her liking, it will be interesting to see what the next update to Android has in store, I'd bet money it makes Apple's iOS 7 update look like another joke non-update. Now that companies like HTC have come out with hardware as good as the iPhone, I don't see any reason to buy a iPhone 5s unless you really really want to stick with the Apple ecosystem.

the rumor is iOS 7 is to be completely revamped. everything is a rumor until Apple officially announces it. their definition of "revamped" could be completely different than what you and i are thinking. but like every year, i lower my expectations and go from there. probably a method a lot of others should adopt

I don't expect anything but some more boring, flat icons, and a removal of all bits of skueomorphism from Apple's stock apps (which hardly anyone uses anyways). Those are the rumors we've heard, haven't heard anything regarding the dated and convoluted OS. Quicksettings? Quickreply? Actionable notifications? That tedious way of deleting notifications from the pull down? don't bet on it.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I will ever understand why people come here to bash Apple products. If you feel that negative about it, feel free to buy an Android phone.......since,ya know,they make such stellar,bug free devices and all.

Jessicalt1

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

I could absolutely be in the minority here but I'd love to utilize my notification bar much like android does. I came from the droid ecosystem so it's been a change to give up some of the features, although the stability has been worth it. I miss the clock and weather widget the most, but would still like the abililty to disable or not use this to avoid draining battery or memory. Quick reply in notifications, integrated messaging like others have mentioned, and it would be awesome if we had a swype keyboard in either the app store, or natively. Swype was awesome for one handed replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73