Iphone to Ipod

BWH7

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a general question about backing up the iPhone but it involves jailbreaking so I'm posting it in this forum. Right now, my iPhone has everything on it just the way I want meaning the setting are configured a certain way, the themes, the wallpaper. I'd like to make a backup of it and basically copy or clone its contents onto my iPod touch exactly how it was. How would I go about this? Do I need to jailbreak the iPod touch first and then re-download everything again from cydia? The phone is jailbroken with the latest version by Evasi0n.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I have a general question about backing up the iPhone but it involves jailbreaking so I'm posting it in this forum. Right now, my iPhone has everything on it just the way I want meaning the setting are configured a certain way, the themes, the wallpaper. I'd like to make a backup of it and basically copy or clone its contents onto my iPod touch exactly how it was. How would I go about this? Do I need to jailbreak the iPod touch first and then re-download everything again from cydia? The phone is jailbroken with the latest version by Evasi0n.

Yes. Restoring from back up will not achieve what ur looking for. U can purchase a tweak from cydia called package backup and it will back up all ur sources and tweaks so u don't have to dl them one by one. But you'll still have to apply the themes, settings and wallpaper u want the way u want them

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Restoring from back up will not achieve what ur looking for. U can purchase a tweak from cydia called package backup and it will back up all ur sources and tweaks so u don't have to dl them one by one. But you'll still have to apply the themes, settings and wallpaper u want the way u want them

This isn't ENTIRELY accurate.

It's more of a "yes and no" kind of answer. The backup will save settings. Among these settings will be app settings and general iPhone settings. The wallpapers and photos you have will come with the backup. This answer changes if you have a theme controlling your wallpapers. In this case, you'll need to spend the few minutes in winterboard to change this.

Something I've done in the past to ensure the combination of package backup and the iTunes backup give me what I used to have is take a screenshot of every relevant page: mostly the tabs and the list of sources/packages in Cydia. This will get stored with the backup and restored when you bring the backup back. Then you've got your old blueprint to work with when restoring.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
This isn't ENTIRELY accurate.

It's more of a "yes and no" kind of answer. The backup will save settings. Among these settings will be app settings and general iPhone settings. The wallpapers and photos you have will come with the backup. This answer changes if you have a theme controlling your wallpapers. In this case, you'll need to spend the few minutes in winterboard to change this.

Something I've done in the past to ensure the combination of package backup and the iTunes backup give me what I used to have is take a screenshot of every relevant page: mostly the tabs and the list of sources/packages in Cydia. This will get stored with the backup and restored when you bring the backup back. Then you've got your old blueprint to work with when restoring.

So what exactly did I say that wasn't true?? Reading ur answer sounds very similar to what I said. Taking a screenshot and re-applying ur tweaks it exactly what I said without the screenshot.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
So what exactly did I say that wasn't true?? Reading ur answer sounds very similar to what I said. Taking a screenshot and re-applying ur tweaks it exactly what I said without the screenshot.

Read your last sentence again. Wallpapers are included in the backup. Settings are mostly included in the backup.

Your answer sounds similar to mine if you ignore the first half of mine. Otherwise, there's a bit of difference.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2