Can a text message be sent while on a phone call? And...

Peter000

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't sure where to post this, so forgive me if it's in the wrong place.

CAN a text message be sent while on a call? And if so, do the system sounds of the typing and such remain local or do they go through to the phone call? Or does the person on the other end just hear sounds sent through the phone mic? Pretty sure the carrier if Verizon and they are using iPhone 4's. If that makes a difference.

The reason I'm asking is that at the radio station where I work they've started using iPhones to phone in to the station from remotes (football games, food drives, etc.) Sometimes we need to communicate by text. And of course any text related sounds shouldn't end up on the air.

Thanks for any answers.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I can send/receive texts while on the phone without the other party hearing anything (AT&T)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You can send a TXT message on a Verizon phone when you are in a call, but it will go out as an SMS. You don't have access to data when on a call so iMessage is not possible in that scenario.

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm positive the other side can't hear the typing sounds or the "message received" sounds. I frequently text while using a headset and no one has ever said "wtf was that?" ha ha! i'm on big red but it shouldn't matter.

telim

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
The sound still comes out of the speaker so I guess if the speaker is loud enough it might get picked up by the earpiece. But, that would have to be one loud text sound.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2