5 months to get iOS 6.1, now 3 iOS updates in the 1 month AFTER evasi0n is released... coincidence??

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Do you think Apple's programmers and engineers are too stupid to download evasi0n - and reverse engineer it?

I don't have any facts at all about the intelligence of Apple's programmers or their ability to reverse engineer a piece of software... not a single fact at all. Do you?

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
5 months to get iOS 6.1, now 3 iOS updates in the 1 month AFTER evasi0n is rele

In my opinion I don't think Apple would ever totally block jailbreaking because they would lose a lot of business. I know many people might move to other devices if they totally lockdown jailbreaking. Apple is not stupid. They know JB is there and they choose to let it go because they continue to sell lots of phones.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Do you think Apple's programmers and engineers are too stupid to download evasi0n - and reverse engineer it?

Interestingly, this kind of baseless assumption (ie; insisting something must be so despite any genuine facts or data to substantiate the claim) lends heaps of credibility to the rationale for this post.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
This entire thread was started on the premise(s) of baseless assumption(s) stated as questions....

Are they trying to patch the evasi0n loophole in the code in a discreet way? I would assume they could have patched it with 6.1.1 or 6.1.2 but maybe they don't actually know how and are just trying several things to see if it works? Or, am I just considering a total conspiracy theory (Tom Clancy haters of the world unite!) that has absolutely no legitimacy behind it ?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Interestingly, this kind of baseless assumption (ie; insisting something must be so despite any genuine facts or data to substantiate the claim) lends heaps of credibility to the rationale for this post.

Did you even read the nonsense you started this post with?

You posted the least intelligent explanation for the updates I've ever heard. Assuming Keith is incorrect, that leads us to believe the Apple engineers are incapable of downloading evasion. In this unlikely scenario, they are incapable of doing most of the tasks they've completed while at Apple.

Assuming you only believe the reverse engineering is the complex part and the engineers are capable of downloading the tool and using it, you're suggesting they're unable to use it offline and would prefer send untested code into the wild.

The baseless assumptions here were thrown out by you. You brought up conspiracy theories. You brought up nonsensical practices. You showed a complete ignorance to both engineering and programming practices. Now you moronically attack others for pointing out the obvious flaws in your pitiful logic.

If you'd like to be condescending, or insulting, at least be intelligent enough for your actions to be justified?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
This entire thread was started on the premise(s) of baseless assumption(s) stated as questions....

Or, just questions and curiosity from someone interested in thoughts and feedback from others. You'll need to help me out here, because I wrote the original post with no assumptions at all, just wondering out loud if there was a relationship between Apple's iOS release timing and the release of a Jailbreak tool. I thought it might stir up friendly speculation and/or genuine information from people with experience and knowledge on the subject. I was not expecting such aggressive responses.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
When you're a prick, people tend to be less than passive with you.

If you're curious, when things are explained, it's best not to argue them. Doing so makes you come off as quite the prick.

In order to reach the "questions" you had, assumptions were necessary. Your inability to be aware of the assumptions doesn't prevent them from existing.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You're getting feedback... you just don't like what you're getting.

To ask the questions means you had to make the assumptions...

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: 5 months to get iOS 6.1

Which goes back to the saying if it ain't broke don't mess with it. Some choose not to update and some do..

Being mine is a work device I don't want any loop holes which is how the JB works....

Jailbreaking your device eliminates security layers designed to protect your personal information and your iOS device. With this security removed from your iOS device, hackers may steal your personal information, damage your device, attack your network, or introduce malware, spyware or viruses.

I don't understand why people feel Apple is out to get them patching JB on iOS releases.... It's a security issue....

While this can be true, it's a bit disingenuous to say. There ARE tweaks that do open up your phone to more of a risk. They're not included in the default jailbreak package.

The "security risk" created existed prior to the jailbreak. The jailbreak isn't deleting your iOS, rewriting it, and then jailbreaking it. It is making use of what is already there. Suggesting the phone is safe prior is ignoring that in order for a jailbreak to exist, it must first have security issues in the first place.

The primary purpose for the security measures that are disabled are not to protect the device. Many of the developers that work on jailbreak apps would be happy to post those apps in the App Store instead. The restrictive nature of the App Store is what is being protected by the security measures you speak of.

I don't understand why people feel jailbreaking is a security issue while pretending the phone was free from harm prior to the jailbreak.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Another point to the reverser engineering side of things, planet being has explained in pretty good detail how they did what they did, and why they did it.
It'a not even a case of reverse engineering anymore!

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Another point to the reverser engineering side of things, planet being has explained in pretty good detail how they did what they did, and why they did it.
It'a not even a case of reverse engineering anymore!

Didn't comex post within 24hrs that he found what evasi0n was doing? It's not exactly a secret Apple hired him just for these purposes.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
all I want to know is if I update to 6.1.3 will that do away with my jailbreak? I have no problem with the way my phone is performing . I am at 6.1.2 right now

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2