jailbroken ios 6.1 bluetooth fix

Mike Hudson

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
after trying probably 50 or 60 times to connect my bluetooth headset to my iphone 4s I've found a fix. Start your idevice in safe mode by using sbsettings/power/start in safe mode. once your idevice restarts go settings/bluetooth then rescan for your bluetooth device in the normal way once detected enter your code then close the settings and on the status bar will be (exit safe mode) restart your device by tapping on (exit safe mode ) and voila you have a fully functioning bluetooth connection

snuffnit

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
You sir are a Genius !!!!

I usually don't respond to posts , but was compelled to thank you. After weeks of struggling with IOS 6.0 , and its Bluetooth issues with my car , your solution solved all connectivity issues.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
thanks mike, i wasnt having issues but it looks like if anyone else was they now know what to do!!

AmpedPotato

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! I thought it was just my TomTom being flaky. After 1000 tries they finally sync, and disconnect/reconnect fine, but if I make the mistake of turning the TomTom on while Bluetooth is disabled, it's a huge pain in the ass getting them repaired. Next time this (inevitably) happens and I forget, I'll be sure and use safe mode.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Auxo was causing my Bluetooth connection issues, so I deleted it. Will this continue to work after I reinstall it.

cjmg

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry mate - bit of a dummy I?m afraid when it come to IT-lingo. What does "Start your idevice in safe mode by using sbsettings/power/start in safe mode. once your idevice restarts go settings/bluetooth then rescan for your bluetooth device in the normal way once detected enter your code then close the settings and on the status bar will be (exit safe mode) restart your device by tapping on (exit safe mode ) " mean in lay mans terms?:

itsjustmeok

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Sorry mate - bit of a dummy I?m afraid when it come to IT-lingo. What does "Start your idevice in safe mode by using sbsettings/power/start in safe mode. once your idevice restarts go settings/bluetooth then rescan for your bluetooth device in the normal way once detected enter your code then close the settings and on the status bar will be (exit safe mode) restart your device by tapping on (exit safe mode ) " mean in lay mans terms?:

You will need to install sbsettings on your iphone. You can get it from the Bigboss repo in cydia (How To Install SBSettings On iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad [Step-By-Step Guide] | iJailbreak.com)
once its installed you typically just swipe the top of your screen near where the time is and sbsettings will pull down. At the bottom of the list is the "power" option. Pushing that will bring up a window with several power options and "safe mode" will be one of them. your phone will respring into "safe mode" meaning it will look just as it did before you changed anything with a jailbreak. This is when you are supposed to try to sync it with your cars bluetooth.
where it normally shows the time it will now say "exit safe mode". once you are done pairing your phone with your bluetooth just touch the screen where it says "exit safe mode" and screen will pop up saying that the springboard has crashed. simply push "restart" and your phone will go back to how it normally is under the jailbreak.
Hope this clears it up for you :)

itsjustmeok

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I waited and waited for an untethered jb for 6.1 and once I updated and added all my stuff the bt would no longer work. I have spent the last 6 hours reading forums trying to figure it out and was about to try to go back to 5.1 when I found this thread and gave it a shot. Ta-Da! I now have my hands free back!!
If I wasnt in a long term committed relationship Id ask you to marry me!
Thanks a million!

Defiant Macho

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Do you have Auxo installed by any chance? It causes the bluetooth issues. Unistalling Auxo > Pairing, unpairing, or and/or forgetting devices > reinstalling Auxo also works like a charm... I already email the bastards developers on the issue because they came up with an update but it did not address the bluetooth one, LOL!

Jwrbloom

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a bluetooth issue as well. It just started over the weekend, so it's not specifically tied to jailbreaking, since I jailbroke a long time ago. I don't have Auxo on my iPhone 4S. I'm trying to pair a Jawbone Era, which I've had for over a year with never an issue before, and it still pairs with my iPad Mini just fine. I've tested other devices with my 4S, and they won't pair either.

Any other jailbreak apps that might cause an issue? It seems like it could be linked to updating an app, but there really isn't an automatic way to track which apps are updated when.

Here are my jailbreak apps:
Action Menu
Action Menu Plus
Activator
Bite SMS
Erica Utliities
Gridlock 2.0
GroupSend
iBlacklist
iFile
Infinifolders
Lockinfo 5
MultiIconMover
MyWi 6 (and other apps)
Open SSH
Pkg Backup
SBSettings
Spring Flash
Springtomize 2
Winter Board

dunrankin

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Tried this but it didn't work for me. iphone still can't find anything. I've an iphone 3GS ios 6.3.1 jailbroken with redsn0w. My ipad 4 can see the iphone, but wont connect as it says I need to make sure the iphone is switched on and in range. I don't understand why the ipad can locate the iphone, but not visa-versa!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR