How to jailbreak from IOS 5.1.1 to IOS 6 ?

smartkaz

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I've got an iPhone 4S which I 'jailbroke' using absinthe. This is probably a straightforward process but I'd appreciate step by step instructions to upgrade to IOS 6 and then jailbreak this version. I've got the link for the new jailbreak and I'm fine with that but I don't know if I need to restore my phone to 5.1.1, then upgrade to IOS 6 before installing the new jailbreak, and if there's any benefit in doing so, or do I just leave it as it is ?

If I restore to 5.1.1 do I lose the Cydia tweaks and apps, plus any settings I've changed from the default version ?

Cheers

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If you jump to ios6 you cannot go
Back to ios 5.1.1. So if you make the leap you're going to have to stay with Ios6.
Both are currently untethered jailbreaks however.

To update it is widely agreed upon that the best course of action would be to restore as NEW. Then jailbreak, then sync your phone.

Some people restore from a backup and have had no issues, but the little bit of extra time a restore as new requires, makes it well worth it for a "clean slate"

If you have text threads you want to save then another option would be to make a backup, restore as new, restore from backup, then jailbreak.
The theory is that jailbreak tweaks don't carry over in retires from iTunes, but it has been known to happen occasionally

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
If you jump to ios6 you cannot go
Back to ios 5.1.1. So if you make the leap you're going to have to stay with Ios6.
Both are currently untethered jailbreaks however.

To update it is widely agreed upon that the best course of action would be to restore as NEW. Then jailbreak, then sync your phone.

Some people restore from a backup and have had no issues, but the little bit of extra time a restore as new requires, makes it well worth it for a "clean slate"

If you have text threads you want to save then another option would be to make a backup, restore as new, restore from backup, then jailbreak.
The theory is that jailbreak tweaks don't carry over in retires from iTunes, but it has been known to happen occasionally

Gotta love 1 answer resolutions!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR