why are some people so compelled to have so much info on their LS/NC?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i mean you see notifications once natively and a decision is made at that moment whether you want to respond/reply or ignore

why must it stay on the LS or NC until we dismiss it?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
are we meteorologists now as well? why do we need to see the weather every time the phone lights up?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i mean you see notifications once natively and a decision is made at that moment whether you want to respond/reply or ignore

why must it stay on the LS or NC until we dismiss it?

You're assuming that everyone sees or hears the notification at the time of arrival. What if the person was in a different room or office than his or her i-device when the notification arrived? Shouldn't they be given allowed to see the notification upon their return to their device?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You're assuming that everyone sees or hears the notification at the time of arrival. What if the person was in a different room or office than his or her i-device when the notification arrived? Shouldn't they be given allowed to see the notification upon their return to their device?

People already have that opportunity with the native system of notifications; I'm assuming that BLiNK (correct me if I'm wrong) is referring more to jailbreak lockscreen replacements that keep everything showing after the native way would have dismissed them. For instance, you have 5 new email notifications—iOS will hide them from the lockscreen once you unlock the device, but many jb lockscreen apps will keep them there until you actually deal with the notification.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
People already have that opportunity with the native system of notifications; I'm assuming that BLiNK (correct me if I'm wrong) is referring more to jailbreak lockscreen replacements that keep everything showing after the native way would have dismissed them. For instance, you have 5 new email notifications?iOS will hide them from the lockscreen once you unlock the device, but many jb lockscreen apps will keep them there until you actually deal with the notification.

Oh okay. I see what you're saying. Thanks.

ClapToBase

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I would like a lockscreen that would only show me small icons/numbers of new email and messages. Since I have a passcode on my phone I don't really want my messages displayed on the lock screen. A simplistic lockscreen with a small message icon with the unread number or whatever would be incredible for me. I know I can set the message preview to 'off' on the lockscreen but I want elegant.
That being said, I agree with BLiNK since I'm one that will usually go through all of my unread stuff at once, if time allows, so I don't need a constant reminder of notifications in my NC...the unread red numbers on the apps are enough for me.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site

For me it's actually this very thing. I don't want to have to look at my screen and manage a notification or info when iOS wants me to do so... I want to do it when I want to. I'm really liking the new LockInfo5 (which bugged me at first) because it allows me to quickly see the things I've asked to be made aware of and review what I want to keep present for later review, take action on now, or (in the case of CalAlarm) have the system deliberately remind me later and draw my attention to that specific thing. There is definitely something to be said for less is more. But, iOS basically gives you a "take a look now or you missed your chance" way of managing information flow which I don't find appealing or as useful. With LockInfo5, for instance, in about 1 second I can remove all the notifications or just those associated with a specific program, or a specific notification for a given program... highly customized way of dealing with incoming data. Those are the reasons I like LS/NC info to be perpetually available.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For me it's actually this very thing. I don't want to have to look at my screen and manage a notification or info when iOS wants me to do so... I want to do it when I want to. I'm really liking the new LockInfo5 (which bugged me at first) because it allows me to quickly see the things I've asked to be made aware of and review what I want to keep present for later review, take action on now, or (in the case of CalAlarm) have the system deliberately remind me later and draw my attention to that specific thing. There is definitely something to be said for less is more. But, iOS basically gives you a "take a look now or you missed your chance" way of managing information flow which I don't find appealing or as useful. With LockInfo5, for instance, in about 1 second I can remove all the notifications or just those associated with a specific program, or a specific notification for a given program... highly customized way of dealing with incoming data. Those are the reasons I like LS/NC info to be perpetually available.

I understand. Thanks...:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hope that wasn't confusing... I was trying to piggyback on your comments, wasn't actually directing the info to you specifically.

Not confusing at all, my friend :) and I didn't take your comments negatively in any way. Even if they were directed at me, it's all good. :D Speak your mind.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
if anyone REALLY knows me at all i am playing devils advocate here

plus i could use some psychological help as well..

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
if anyone REALLY knows me at all i am playing devils advocate here

plus i could use some psychological help as well..

I'm trying to get you an appointment with Dr. Somebody as we speak...(laughing)

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
For me it wasn't that it had more, but that it didn't leave any trace on the lock screen once it was pushed up.

Do u mean the current notification/widget bar in LI5? I kinda like that its so quickly accessible but the implementation could be more elegant and visually less intrusive than that bar which just sits there.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Do u mean the current notification/widget bar in LI5? I kinda like that its so quickly accessible but the implementation could be more elegant and visually less intrusive than that bar which just sits there.

That's what I mean. Swiping down for Infosgade is just as quickly accessible and it looks a heck of a lot nicer.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to remember what InfoShade had on it that isn't there now in LockInfo?

Plugins!!!!!!!!!
In LockInfo 4 you had Plugins, for example OmniFocus Plugin, Calendar Plugin (which is 1000 times better than the calendar widget), and had the option to set Plugin and font size, themes and a lot of more stuff :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl