Help With Modifying LS Theme

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey all. Hoping I can get some advice on a slight modification I need to make to a lockscreen theme. I downloaded the "LS Apple" theme, and got everything working ok except for one line: the line that has the time, month/year, and my city's temperature. Here's a screenshot:

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1360766177.665807.jpg

See how that line isn't centered? How do I center it? As you can see the temperature isn't fully displayed after my city because it falls off the right side of the screen. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Hey all. Hoping I can get some advice on a slight modification I need to make to a lockscreen theme. I downloaded the "LS Apple" theme, and got everything working ok except for one line: the line that has the time, month/year, and my city's temperature. Here's a screenshot:

View attachment 26726

See how that line isn't centered? How do I center it? As you can see the temperature isn't fully displayed after my city because it falls off the right side of the screen. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

With iPhone and iOS do u have? Is it compatible?

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I just figured there was a line of code that I could get into to decrease the margin on the left of the time display to move that line over to the left a couple spaces. However, I am, by no means, a codemonkey so I'm a little on the ignorant side when it comes to knowing what to look for.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The code is all in the theme's LockBackground.html file.

Open it with a text editor, as I'm assuming you already did to change the city. Usually, near the top they have a list of "div" entries. You'll want to play with those to find the right pixel values for your particular city.

left:0 means it'll go as far left as the div. It's possible to use left:-10 for some divs. It looks like reducing the value by 20 is a good place to start.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I should mention, there's a lot of divs. Look for the ones with names that make sense. Ie, date/weather/etc. Leave the others alone.

If you only change one or two at a time, it'll be easy to fix something you don't like changing.

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Man, their code is horribly laid out. There are like twenty lines of blank space between each line of code. Ugh. I couldn't find a section where I could change anything that made a difference in the layout of that line. :-(

Guess I'll be shopping around for another lockscreen theme.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Man, their code is horribly laid out. There are like twenty lines of blank space between each line of code. Ugh. I couldn't find a section where I could change anything that made a difference in the layout of that line. :-(

Guess I'll be shopping around for another lockscreen theme.

If you want to you could always put the HTML up on pastie.org (or here, wrapped in CODE tags) and give us a link. I'm sure someone could look through it for you.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The code usually is pretty poorly laid out.

One of the first things I do with those is go in and clean out the white space and then find from there what I want to change to make it more in touch with my style.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox