JB apps and memory

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm no JB expert by any means. Just a question. Does JB apps like themes use your device storage or RAM? According to SBSettings my available memory on my iPad mini is 39 MB's which is kind of low. Just curious where it's using space to store these.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My memory was low, 42mb, until I removed all back ground apps then it was back up over 300mb.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I would assume ram. Instead of replacing the default theme, winterboard overlays the theme without overwriting / changing your default theme. Im not sure how much ram the ipad mini has, but my iphone 5 shows 500-700mb free under normal use. I use kill background to kill running apps. It has a nice icon in the multitask dock that you can tap to close all apps. My ipod touch 4g shows 125+mb free but with running apps it goes to 60ish and gets slow.

I currently use a theme to make all my menus/ keyboard/ settings orange tinted and havent noticed a significant drop in free memory. Im assuming some of the crazy themes which change all your icons and have more complicated designs can consume more ram. Mine is basically what an orange apple theme would be. Close to default but orange instead of grey/blue. I tried not to go crazy with all the unnecessary tweaks since I want my phone to be quick first and foremost.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I would assume ram. Instead of replacing the default theme, winterboard overlays the theme without overwriting / changing your default theme. Im not sure how much ram the ipad mini has, but my iphone 5 shows 500-700mb free under normal use. I use kill background to kill running apps. It has a nice icon in the multitask dock that you can tap to close all apps. My ipod touch 4g shows 125+mb free but with running apps it goes to 60ish and gets slow.

I currently use a theme to make all my menus/ keyboard/ settings orange tinted and havent noticed a significant drop in free memory. Im assuming some of the crazy themes which change all your icons and have more complicated designs can consume more ram. Mine is basically what an orange apple theme would be. Close to default but orange instead of grey/blue. I tried not to go crazy with all the unnecessary tweaks since I want my phone to be quick first and foremost.

This ayecon theme is 85 MB's. yeah my guess was its using RAM. iPad mini has 512 MB's of RAM and i5 has 1GB. My i5 hovers around 600 MB's free.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My memory was low, 42mb, until I removed all back ground apps then it was back up over 300mb.

What's apps did you remove? I only have ayecon with winter board, bytafont with a font installed, SBSettings, and retina pad. That's it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods