Auxo: What Am I Missing?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I keep seeing rave reviews of Auxo, but I can't quite see why I should get it...it seems like it basically just does what other notification center tweaks already do (like NC Settings and KillAllBackground for instance), just in the app switcher instead of the NC, which means added clicks/swipes to access them. The thumbnail views in the switcher don't seem to serve a real purpose that I can see--is there a killer feature you Auxo users can point out that would make me want to buy it over the free notification center tweaks?

Auxo version 1.2 - YouTube

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Does NCSettings have all the same toggles available to it, like hotspot and cellular data? I've been thinking the same about Auxo. I don't necessarily care about the thumbnails either so thinking of going to NCSettings. On my iPad it doesn't have toggles that I care about though.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Does NCSettings have all the same toggles available to it, like hotspot and cellular data? I've been thinking the same about Auxo. I don't necessarily care about the thumbnails either so thinking of going to NCSettings. On my iPad it doesn't have toggles that I care about though.

Here's a list from the settings:
image.jpg

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I love the thumbnail thing and being able to just swipe down to close the apps. The other things is just a bonus.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I keep seeing rave reviews of Auxo, but I can't quite see why I should get it...it seems like it basically just does what other notification center tweaks already do (like NC Settings and KillAllBackground for instance), just in the app switcher instead of the NC, which means added clicks/swipes to access them. The thumbnail views in the switcher don't seem to serve a real purpose that I can see--is there a killer feature you Auxo users can point out that would make me want to buy it over the free notification center tweaks?

Auxo version 1.2 - YouTube

I agree, I gave it a try and there was no wow factor for me. I find the toggles to be difficult to access as they don't show in the lock screen like they do with NCSettings and LockInfo. I tweeted the developer and he is aware of the memory leak, he said it happens over time and is working on a fix. To me it seems more like a theme than a tweak.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I just got it for my iPhone to replace Switchy, which isn't yet available for 6.1. I'm not yet decided which I like better. I liked the simplicity of Switchy, which just worked. Auxo is not as intuitive. For instance, I had to inquire of the developer to learn that I could access the Settings menu by holding a toggle key. I like the Switchy buttons to close apps and access the System settings. I don't really need the toggles as they are available in SBsettings. If Switchy were available, I'd consider switching back.

On another note, I don't think the current release of Auxo is intended for use on iPads. The Cydia page indicates that an iPad version is in the works. While the current vision functions, it doesn't have all of the features that are available on the iPhone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73